Mercedes dropped the ball
By roosterly9 on
2002 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)
I bought my 2002 Silver arrow after I read very positive reviews here. It had 98000 miles on it, Everything you read here about the car being fun, powerfull, great looking is correct, but Man as fa as body goes no engineering work has been done. the plastic handle on emergency break broke, the button, and the handle on console brok, the button on storage net broke, just about everything you touch has broken, or breaks first time I touch, the signal light lense just fell off, MB insignia broke lose, the jak hole cover just fell off, and the insignificant piece is $211 only available at dealer. Car vibrates at speed over 60, tires are new and balanced, known issue. I do not recommend buying.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, great looks that grows on you, very nice handling, very smooth engin, and transmission, great sound system, very nice options such as rain sensing wipper, and heated seats.
Suggested Improvements
Body parts, body parts and body parts. Parts just falling off the car, interior knobs and handles breaking off when used, the bolt holding the antenna mast broke with slightest force on it, the cross section was paper thin. The jak hole cover just fell off, a part that should be less than $10, and that for shipping and handdling, is $211. If you desin a part that just falls off, you should at least have mercy, and not hold the consumer hostage. The signal light lense are glued on and they fall apart, glued together, you joking, right? no real.