2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Looks Can Be Decieving
By taha1 on 07/13/14 08:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

As someone from newer generations, this car isn't exactly what anyone would call "cool" or even "pretty" for that matter. It deserves a kind of special look to see it's beauty. It's obviously devoted to luxury; the seemless steering, the leather interior, the silenced exhaust. However, put your foot down and it gives off a different nature. This is the type of car that you could take to a high class party and then if you wanted to get down and dirty, it'd be ready for it with no regrets. I've never been so astonished with a v6 designed in the 90s than I am with this car. It's even faster than some American V8s. The car now has 202k miles and besides some minor electricals. Its great.

E320
By mrjohnv on 06/02/12 21:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I purchased my E320 in April of 2011 so I've owned mine now for about 14 Months. I purchased this car out of Necessity since our business sucked since 10 & 11 and I didn't want a car payment. I purchased this car from my mom and yes, I knew that she dose not take care of a car but I took it becase they sold it to me for 4 K. I didn't know it at the time but this car was in sad shape and it took 3 grand to get it back so it was no deal and I still have to paint it but you know what, If a car can take what my mom did to that car Mercedes is one hell of a car maker! This car is comfortable, trouble free and still looks good for a 12 year old car. I will keep it for two or three more years!

Great Car Twelve Years Later
By prmx on 05/08/12 18:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

Bought my 2000 E-320 with 150K miles on it..and it was virtually perfect in all respects. Ran and rode great from day one. Paid $7K "out-the-door" and Edmunds says a dealer "should" charge about $5000 for a similar car, but I have seen most, in very good condition, upwards of $9K, so I feel what I paid was a moderate "deal". Car run very well...Zero service issues excepting a driving light wiring harness, $150 repair by MB. When I purchased had three outstanding recalls...all fairly "cosmetic" (rubber door seal replacement, etc.) and MB dealer did without any cost. "Problems" with paint chips, CD changer, air flow sensors, ac failures others have reported are non-existant on this car.

Electronic problems
By sjane on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 4dr Sedan

Purchased used in 2003;with 34,000 miles on it. Now has 115K miles on it. Have spent over $4000 in repairs since 2007:"ABS visit workshop"lite keeps coming on-requiring repeated visits. Replaced power steering unit in August. CD changer in trunk and temp & time displays on dash quit just over 1 yr of purchase.

This is not your parents car
By Steven Kendrick on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 4dr Sedan

When this car is in warranty, everybody smiles and loves you. When this car is out of warranty, you find out the previous smiles were the after the laughs. This car had issues under warranty and the dealer was happy to fix them and get you on your way. The NAv/Radio started to go but since it had not passed the point of no return, they would not replace it. I could tell other things started to go before the car got out of warranty and it was not until I crossed that warranty mileage marker all hell broke loose. At that point, Murphy's Law took affect. The good side: the car drove like a dream, in the daylight. Go rent the movie "It Takes Two" (1988) when the guy builds his dream car.

Classic
By Kareem on 06/27/09 16:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

I purchased my E320 at 81,000 miles and i love it to death. Ive had some minor problems such as a bad MAF which i replaced by myslef, also a bad o2 sensor. Ive saved thousands doing these mechanical jobs myself instead of taking it to the dealership. As for the car, it drives beautifully and feels like its brand new. ive had it up till now which has 98k on it and its been good to me.

Very Disappointed
By Jim Feeney on 05/26/09 14:20 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new, my first Benz. It will also be my last. There have been continual electronic problems, head lamp problems, power window problems, I have had to replace the mass airflow sensor 3 times. The CD changer no longer works and the cost to repair is very high. While the car is responsive and powerful, and can be fun to drive, the irritation and cost of the constant electrical repairs and soured me on the brand for life. I would not recommend a MB to anyone at this time. I regret not buying the Lexus.

Fun to drive but quality is poor
By LMD on 04/15/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 4dr Sedan

My 2000 E430 Sport was purchased in 2006 with 51000 miles on it. Three years later it still hasn't reached 60K. In 2007 it had B servicing which is a MB rip-off where they tell you all the stuff it needs but cant show you why the old stuff is bad or failing. They just tell you "the book says" and then try to extort as much cash as they can. Ive had to replace AC hoses, shifter bushings, climate control regulator, a transmission mount and the sunroof rattles. All on a car with less than 60K. I think this was one of Mercedes' biggest quality failures and they could care less, they have their money.

Still love my E320AWD
By Joe from Wilton on 03/03/09 11:09 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E320 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD

We have owned our e320 awd since it was new. It has been a phenomenal car. It is by far the best car we have ever had in the snow (especially w snow tires). Not sporty by any stretch - but extremely reliable. We have just under 100k miles on it -- just took it on a road trip for the weekend. Drove like new. There are some great mechanical shops in queens that are actually better than the dealer service depts and 1/3 the price. This car is a keeper even at 100k miles.

Great car overall
By NIckP on 02/21/09 04:43 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Sedan E430 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 50K on it, now have 62K. Excellent to drive, great highway cruiser. Has had some odd ball repairs that added up to about $1200. but a lot less than a car payment.Full inspection by dealer just came out perfect with ball joints due in about 10K miles.