1993 Mazda MPV Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MPV model:
Old but Good
By glbright on 10/07/14 17:28 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan 4WD

Bought this 1993 MPV 10 years ago for $2k. So far it's probably set me back $8k in repair bills. No matter. This has been one fine vehicle that has saved my ass more than once. It's still a daily driver and still a keeper. The body is fine, people stare. Right down my alley.

mpv
By Tom on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

Probably made better then the newer minivans with all the problems aka transmission failures. It is an older vehicle so what can you expect right. At start up it runs very rough and there is a clicking noise coming from the engine. It is hard starting at times and then it is fine. It isn't very good on gas that's for sure. The slow opening back door is annoying. You need really long arms to reach the controls feels like its a strain to push the buttons. The far back seat is not removable. Lacks power going up hills. Built better then today's vehicles that are made to fall apart.

I DON'T WANT TO LET IT GO!
By Lara on 08/28/09 18:31 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan 4WD

My van is now 16 years old and I can't find anything I like as much to replace it. This van has been a blast to drive, it's been reliable (even through the snow in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for 4 years!), and really hasn't had much problem except 2 timing belts in 185,000 miles of use. I love this van, and I'm mourning that my old friend is getting old and that I'm going to have to part with it. (I missed the CARS-cash for clunkers-program because I just couldn't part with it yet!) I just love my van! (This is 8-28-2009) and wish I could get another just like it! ***(My annual mileage has really varied greatly through the years. 20000 was an average.)

Keeps going
By pkarn114 on 02/16/08 17:23 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan 4WD

Puchased as a "family car" when kids started coming. At 12 years old it looked great in and out and engine. Only 75000 mi, now have 95000 mi love the four wheel drive with lock out. No maint problems so far. Good field of view for driving. 14.9 mpg on 87 oct in town like clock work, highway 87 oct 18-19mpg with 89 oct 23 mpg, 93 oct no change over 89.

Very Dependable!
By MCK on 11/09/07 22:34 PM (PST)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

Great family vehicle, wonderful to travel long distance in. Fits a lot of people. Dependable and really reliable. Not the prettiest van out there, but the van does have some pick up and go :)

Reliable, long lasting
By Maria on 08/10/05 19:50 PM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan 4WD

No sports car but very long lasting and reliable, still going strong. Purchased this vehicle in 1993 at 6 months old; I was the second owner. It has a towing package and has pulled my loaded horse trailer and now pulls our 22 foot boat and trailer with ease, including up and down a steep ramp to the water.

Can't Part With It
By humansvcsgypsy on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

I bought it 8 months ago and have already put as much into repairs as I paid for it. It had 146,000 then and over 153,000 now. Rebuilt the front end (steering), replaced 18 valve- lifters (3 per cylinder), had a minor transmission problem--and I can't part with it. Excellent build quality-- everything works! Great sound system. Drives like a breeze. Size is a plus.

Poorly Maintained and Still Runs!
By Cosmic Dave on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

I've had a few problems, including burning the tranny twice, timing belt failure, and a tricky connection in the starting system (if I drive it hard for an extended period then turn off the engine for a short period, like at a convenience store, when I go to restart it I either have to jiggle the shifter or simply open then close the hood to get it started. I've also the paint is peeling on the rear hatch,but considering how poorly I maintain it and how much I drive it I think it's great! I can't wait to buy a brand new one and drive it into the ground, but I haven't been able to kill this one yet!

transmissions! why did I buy one more?!
By Johnston on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan

I love the style, unlike the other reviewers. We got rid of our first MPV due to transmission problems, got another one, and had to get a new transmission at 100K. Dealers all seem to know that MPVs have troubled transmissions. Why didn't I know before? I loved the way it looked, drove, everything but the fear of transmission problems. glad to trust Toyotas/Hondas these days.

mpv
By pup on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Mazda MPV Minivan 3dr Minivan 4WD

one owner. garaged keeped. multi purpace vehichel just like its name. Great family car. Also great for other storage or cargo