I got the skyactiv mazda3!
By caloyski on
2012 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan w/SKYACTIV-G (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
I love the new skyblue for skyactiv---a real standout from the silver, white & black cars you see on the road. I considered the new elantra, it was a sleek car and gets great mpg like the 3, but I was still biased towards the reliability of japanese cars. And the civic & corolla looked so plain---they were everywhere. I have read some user reviews here about the sound they hear from the engine is a problem. When not used to something, it doesn't neccessarily mean it's broken. It has a new engine, so don't exepct old school appeal. It may make more noise to warm it up than a standard gas engine, but after that it's great. I tried the new impreza w/ cvt, the sound was weird but not broken.
Favorite Features
sky blue color. skyactive technology. sporty handling and looks. great value for price.
Suggested Improvements
Before this car, I drove a scion tc. That had more power and firmer brake pedal. The 3 kinda had a softer squishy pedal. Maybe I'm just used to the scion though. But that car gave me 24mpg on an ave, while the 3 gives me 32mpg. More interior insulation for sound would be a welcome as well.