2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: A good value

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Review

A good value
By Steve on

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have only has the car a short time, but I am overall impressed. Good features for a compact car. I traded in a 2004 Acura TL because of financial reasons, and don't feel like I have given up a lot. I got the NAVI and Bose. I would like to be able to play MP3 CDs, but got the cassette deck to use an adapter for my iPod. Works fine. Much better utility than the TL. My complaints are lack of dead pedal, mats are lousy, and the brake and accelerator are a bit too close. I find the left side of my right foot hitting the brake when I put my foot on the gas or take it off. My TL had great cupholders (seems silly, but used every day, right?), but these are good too.

Handling, smooth shifter, lots of features for the buck, good cargo capacity, large glove box, CDs fit perfectly in center console, good pickup for a small car, decent sound system, lit steering wheel controls.

Lighted vanity mirrors, seat memory, heated mirrors, traction control, Bluetooth phone.