Used 2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback
By carl999

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A great small car. Fun to drive, always reliable.

Best Car Out There
By gegpdx

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatchback new when it first came out in '05 and drove it for about 78,000 miles before a guy lost control of his car on a highway, hit the driver side of my car causing the airbags to deploy and spinning us into a ditch. Because of the high safety standards, we were all able to walk away from the accident with minor injuries, when looking at my car, we should have been on stretchers. My car saved our lives. I loved this car and will be buying a new one just as soon as I can find one. They are so great that no one wants to part with theirs. I recommend this car to everyone. Fun to drive, safe, and reliable.

Safety, good sounds system, great gas mileage, nice interior styling, amazing handling.

2006 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatchback
By markanash

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car now with 138K on it. Nice features including the Bose sound, LED lights, adjustable headlights, great styling, etc.

Dashboard Navigation, heated seats, 6-disc in-dash changer, sunroof, looks. The 2011 Mazda3 looks ridiculous, like it's smiling or something. 2006-07 had the best look.

The cambered wheels are a real problem. Mazda dealership told me there's no way to correct the excessive wear/ coupling on the tires (going on 5th set of tires). They say it's part of Mazda's "Zoom-Zoom" factor. I do not abuse the tires (have other cars for that). Also the rain-sensing wipers are a real pain. There needs to be a manual adjustment as well because they do not wipe when needed (fog, mist, etc.).

Another Great Mazda
By Barney

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a bushel of mazda's over the years and this is the best hatchback yet. So much fun to drive. Never been to the shop for more than tires. Plenty of power, better than 30 mpg average, a ton of room, wicked reliable.

Handling, power to weight ratio, gas mileage.

Larger rear view mirror. Narrower center console, right leg hits it and I'm only 5'9". Stiffer shocks. Premium stereo is awful, door panels resonate, lousy sound with Bose system.

I Love This Car!
By John F

2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a '07 Civic for this car. The civic was ok but it didn't have the pep, boring to drive and everyone has it. My insurance dropped a lot when I bought the Mazda. Bought it used with 80k. Had for a year now and its still fun to drive, tons of storage space, better gas mileage then my old civic and plenty of power for such a small car. Was looking at the speed3, but not all mazda dealerships can fix it and I live in Sacramento. Closest repair is in San Jose so I got this one. Save your money and buy this one and just add the speed hood.

Power, fold down flat rear seats, LOTS of space, gas mileage and sun roof.

I love Bose, but it's really bad in this car! Doesn't do the name justice. Nav screen is too small, hard to read during some sun glare and/or wearing polarized glasses.