Best in Class
By mjh84 on
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Before buying, I researched and test-drove 3 cars in this class: CR-V, RAV4, and CX-5. To me, there was no competition in the test-drive that matched the CX-5. Not even close. After that drive, I knew a CX-5 would be my next car. It was the most responsive, had the most strength entering freeway, and had the best overall driving experience. A big complaint I have read with the CX-5 was the road noise/firmness of ride. After test driving all 3, I didn't really notice a significant difference in any of the ones. They were all relatively loud. I think the road noise is just a fault of cars in this class.
Favorite Features
I have come to love almost every aspect of the car. My favorite feature by far is the Push-Button start. I know it isn't a unique feature, but it is the first car I've owned that has that option. I am also a big fan of the Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear-View camera safety features. The 40-20-40 rear-seat folding split makes the cargo space more versatile. You have to get the Touring package at minimum b/c of the larger 2.5 engine. Plus, the standard features that come with the Touring, make it worth the extra 2-3K it will cost. The HD radio and Bluetooth connectivity also make the entertainment aspect of the vehicle a winner. (Even though i have had m share of issues w/ the BT)
Suggested Improvements
My only real complaint here is the performance of the Bluetooth and iPod feature. My iPod does not always connect, and when it does it can take up to 5 minutes for it to work. Also, when playing music through my phone or Pandora app, the song will sometimes warp (slow down), and not because of a bad signal. I don't know what causes it, but it never happened with my last Mazda's bluetooth system. A lot of people complain about the screen size, but I find it to be a reasonable size. Could it be bigger? Yes. But it isn't so small that it would deter me from buying the car.