Used 1994 Lincoln Continental Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

1994 Lincoln Continental Sedan

View reviews for a specific Continental model:

Sweet 16
By Michigal

1994 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I have had my Continental since new in 94 and have loved every second of it. In recent years had to replace things that just wear out over 16 years, starter, brakes, etc. but overall have loved this vehicle. Still feel luxurious driving it! Good gas mileage, burns regular gas too.

Favorite Features

Just the overall luxury of the car. I still feel great when I'm driving it!

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders.

Best Vehicle Made by Ford
By Alex

1994 Lincoln Continental Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

Bought this car from a Trailer Park. Man who sold it didn't know what he had. I took this baby home replaced the thermostat and this baby came to life. This car for its age was definitely the future of automotive industry. Air Ride Control, Memory seats, Climate Control, beautiful sunroof that has 3 different presets. Beautiful car. Wish they made cars like this one. Heavy duty frame and real metal, I have never felt safer in a vehicle. This thing is a tank snow by the way. This is a vehicle I would recommend to anyone while its still exists. I will buy another one if I find a good deal.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, Leather Seats, Climate control with various options, Digital Display with pretty much every gage you can think of. Memory seats, all power options. Comfort, Don't need an SUV with this vehicle, plows through snow. Coating of the underbody.Car was made in 94, not a spot of rust on the body.

Suggested Improvements

Vehicle is perfect compared to what drives on the road now days.

My Opinion
By elderauto

1994 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

This is my 4th Continental, 2nd of this bodystyle. All have been very decent cars. Hit a deer a week before my son's wedding and had to have a car so got this one as it was all I could find at the moment. This one had a fuel problem (it would die while driving) that was fixed by replacing the fuel regulator. Hit a rock sticking up in a dirt road and had to replace the transmission, but that isn't Ford's fault. Replaced the suspension with aftermarket coil struts (very easy and under $1000) so sits right and rides well again.

Favorite Features

Design, comfort, blue interior. Nice Sony sound. Relatively peppy car that handles well and gets high 20s on road trips.

Suggested Improvements

Gets high teens, low 20s in town. Air ride was a good idea, just didn't work out.

Great looking car
By JM

1994 Lincoln Continental Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

Bought my exectuive(Black-Tan) in 2001 with 123,000 miles on it. Great looking car inside and out. Roomy interior and lots of trunk space. Car is well lit up in the interior and the dash is easily accessible and legible. Similar headlamp appearence to the crown vic, other drivers think your a cop. Too funny! Sold because of EXTENSIVE electrical problems and EXTENSIVE pricey suspension problems. Pretty much why I got rid of mine and for other owners I know why they parted company with their Continentals also. Such a nice looking car, poor engineering on Lincolns part. When will Lincoln get suspensions right?

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, interior lighting, exterior style, pick-up even though it's a V6, handling and comfort on long trips

Suggested Improvements

Seeing these cars on the road is rare. When you do see one, notice how almost everyone sits low? Well, Ford/Lincoln/Mercury should offer suspension kits for this car. Suspension/Electrical problems plague this vehicle. Air suspension leaks, you all know what I'm talking about!

Pass These By
By Wade A. Curtis

1994 Lincoln Continental Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

Massive amount of engine, drive train, suspension, and electrical problems very costly repairs and parts even doing it your self!

Favorite Features

N/A