2008 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Review: Great Overall Car and Value

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Review

Great Overall Car and Value
By TS on

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful car all around. I added the HID headlights, XM radio, vent seats, and wood trim. The base models come pretty well loaded. While not a pure sports car, it has found a perfect balance between luxury and sportiness. The ride is as quiet and smooth as can be. When you test drive it, be sure to take in on some bumpy roads. You will feel the difference. I am 6'1" and still fit comfortably into the front seats. No one can fit into the back seat behind me though. The trunk, while not very big, was able to fit my ice hockey goalie equipment. I also test drove the Mercedes 300, BMW 325XI, loaded '08 Honda Accord V-6 Coupe among others. In my opinion, the best value for your money.

Tight, responsive handling. High quality and simple interior details. Love the AWD (live in the northeast). The smooth and almost silent drive. Passenger and driver power seats that move back and give you great leg room in the front. Get the navi and rear view cam if you can afford it, worth it.

Headroom needs to be increased another 1 or 2 inches, but even at 6'1" I still have room. Check out another car if you are any taller. The infiniti G35X offers some more headroom (2" to be exact). I would love fold down seats too, but not many cars in this class offer such a feature.