1998 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (42 reviews )
Lexus is worth the extra Camry $
By Jim on 03/31/05 17:15 PM (PST)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Everyone appreciates that Lexus is built on the Camry platform. BUT, there's a world of difference in the feeling of luxury, ambiance and drivability. It's the sort of car that buying 'used' or 'certified' makes sens e... you just can't go wrong. The fit and finish, engineering and reliability are truly amazing. Try it ... you'll like it!

Antoine's Review
By Antoine on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

My experience with this car has been great. You can't ask for a better entry-level luxury sedan. A wonderful automobile.

the best
By denger on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I am 77 years old and this lexus is the best car I ever owned.

Awesome Car
By msbehavn on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Very pleased with this car. Bought it with 95k and it's been great the past 5k miles. No problems.

Very good car, but not perfect!
By pahd_MN on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new. Overall a good buy. I had to have the brakes overhauled under warranty. I also had to spend money out of warranty to repair noisy tower strut parts on the front end. Maintenance by Lexus while under warranty was wonderful, but after warranty costs are expensive. Still, this has been a very comfortable and reliable car with enduring styling.

MY REVIEW
By johnb45242 on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

VERY SMOOOOTH CAR. SILKY FEEL. QUIET.

Happy ES300 Owner
By Pabster on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I purchased this 1998 ES300 as a certified pre-owned vehicle. My style of driving is easy going and the smoother the ride, the better. Aside from that, I want to feel relaxed, at ease, and confident that my car will be very reliable though out the years. Thus, I'm not interested in an "aggressive" car to deal with Greater D.C. Traffic. The acceleration is responsive, the transmission silky smooth, and the road noise minimal. I describe this car to my colleagues as a "Gentlemans" vehicle. If you are an aggressive driver looking for sport, then consider the IS.

Once you own a Lexus you can't go back!
By Joanie on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

My '98 ES300 was my first Lexus, and the main reason why I bought it was because my salesman (Carl is the best!) sold it to me. None of the other car dealers gave me the time of day. So, I took the plunge and bought my first luxary car. I've now owned my ES300 for over five years, and I've have put over 135,000 miles on it without a single problem! I spent less money on maintaining this car than any car I've ever owned - all I've done is change the oil, one minor tune-up and replace the brakes and tires (and I got 85,000 miles on the tires that came with the car!). I'll never buy anything but a Lexus.

Dream
By bluebell on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I bought the car new 5 1/2 years ago, and have put on 41,000 miles. Absolutley no problems with the engine or any hardware or trim. I have had regular oil changes, and have only had to change the wipers and 4 light bulbs. To this day, after its washed, friends think its new. BG Philadelphia

Love My Car
By Love My Car on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I really just love this car. It is the best thing to drive. Enough power to get up and go also it has a really nice comfort level.