1992 Lexus ES 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Manual - (20 reviews )
Great first car
By Nicholas on 03/18/10 08:19 AM (PDT)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

For my first car I got a 1992 Lexus ES300 for only $1,400. It has about 240,300 miles on it but it still drives good most the time. The only things I don't like about it is it's awful MPG. It's supposed to get 19 but I am only getting 14! The other thing I don't like is there is no cup holder, or at least I haven't found it yet. I have only had one problem with it so far and that is the cruise control doesn't work most the time. Overall it's a great car, out of all the cars I've driven (friends & family) I like how mine drives the best. I plan to keep driving my Lexus until I graduate high school than I will probably buy a Jeep but keep the Lexus and possibly fix it up.

210K Going Strong
By gheuer on 07/25/09 15:01 PM (PDT)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

A little gem still performing flawlessly after all these years/miles. So solid we decided to re-upholster and re-paint, including new headlights and tail lights. Looks like a new car and still performs like one. This is a classic which I will maintain as an antique. Equipped with top end tires she handles like the European Sports Car she was designed to emulate. We are proud to drive up in this winner.

Great Used Car
By Yonze on 08/06/08 18:32 PM (PDT)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Bought privately at 56,000 miles from a neighbour who had looked after it well from new and had it detailed every six months or so. Black with black leather. Given great service and performance ever since. Completely reliable, with regular oil changes. Brake fluid leaking a little, but stopped with sealant. Instrument lights weak but I can live with that. 28 MPG (USG) on longer trips. Replaced the radio antenna(my fault) twice for $50 each. My Legend cost me $150 for the same thing.

Lexus ES 300
By Bob - Lexus on 02/18/06 10:50 AM (PST)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

This was was OK until it hit around 115k miles. I thought it would be good for 300K+, but everything from the power steering, to the water pump, thermostat, windows, doors,etc. went bad. I am not including maintenance stuff like batteries, brakes, tires, timing belts, muffler, etc. In a word the car was a longetivity dud.

perfect car
By kds2 on 05/05/05 14:20 PM (PDT)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle from a friends grandparents with only 60k for $6000. It was the best car that I have ever owned, that is until I was rearended at a stop light by a young girl talking on the phone. It held up well for a rear impact at roughly 60mph. All passengers walked away with only minor damage. The car was fixed, but never the same. I sold it shortly thereafter. SOLD for more than I paid! I sure do miss it. By far the best car for the best price. MPG left a little to be desired. Leather was impeccable. I am currently on the hunt for another Lexus, as my Grand Cherokee just isn't cutting the mustard. Till that time comes, she will be in my dreams.

Great car, now has 250K miles
By Maine92Lex on 03/26/05 09:40 AM (PST)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

This car looks like and drives like it drinks from the fountain of youth. It's almost incomprehensible that it's been on the road for nearly 14 years and driven 18000 miles a year. If 'lacks character' means bulletproof reliability and no surprises - so be it! Design-wise and mechanically, it ain't perfect - but nearly. I look forward to buying another Lexus; I just wish they offered more in the way of wagons and AWD.

Awesome ride
By wayne on 02/08/05 17:44 PM (PST)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

So far so good, no major problems, upper motor mount broke, but only $60 for the part and easy to replace. Get free loaner cars from the dealership when in for service ... very nice.

Awesome ride
By wayne on 02/08/05 17:44 PM (PST)

92 Lexus ES300 Fantastic
By Dave on 01/05/05 00:27 AM (PST)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

This car has already become the BEST car I have ever owned including Mercedes and BMW. The only thing wrong with it is the Instrument Cluster Needles went dark..easily fixed by DASHUSA.COM for only 350.00 a permanent fix. Only run Mobile 1 syn oil and factory filters. Only has 111000 miles on it and expecting another 100,000. Fantastic car would buy another one, in a heartbeat.

First and finest of the breed
By gheuer on 01/04/05 13:37 PM (PST)

1992 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan

Bought used with about 6 thousand on it. Drove and loved until this year when upgraded to an LS 400. Sold to our son who still enjoys it. Fit and finish of this first-year-in-USA ES 300 far exceeds the current models. When you find a 92 or 93 in good condition it is worth a look. This one still quiet and solid on the road, responsive and fun to drive. Engines can be reconditioned if needed, but style only comes around now and then. Keep this car until it is an antique.