2013 Kia Optima Consumer Review: Steering and Milage are Horrib

2013 Kia Optima Sedan - Consumer Review

Steering and Milage are Horrible
By whd13b on

2013 Kia Optima SX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First I must start with, the car looks beautiful. Remington Red is a real show stopper. Seats are super comfortable and interior spacious. Needs more storage compartments. Gas wise, horrible. I'm averaging 23 mpg, and Eco changes nothing but the way it drives. Moving on to steering. Refuses to stay on center while driving. Pulls to the left, then when straightened out, goes to the right. Back and forth, but always over steers to the left when on a center plane surface. Very exhausting when driving on the straight run highways off highway, almost caused a few accidents veering into the opposite lane while taking my eyes off the road for a split second to turn AC on or equivalent. Bad!

Favorite Features

Exterior design, color, LED tail lights (why no LED running lights is beyond me on a $30k vehicle), seat comfort, Infinity sound system.

Suggested Improvements

There are 100's of complaints on Optima's steering issue on the internet (ARFC.org) and Kia needs to correct this dangerous defect. Advertise realistic MPG. Offer blind spot monitoring and LED running lights. Strength of rear defroster very weak. Takes over 20 minutes to defrost cool late summer morning moisture on my rear window. Improve entertainment system to offer apps like Pandora, Weather, etc.. Very basic navigation/stereo/climate system as it is now. Other vehicles entertainment systems in this category are much more feature packed.