Used 2014 Kia Forte Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Kia Forte Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Second-Hand Kia
By Triarch225

2014 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted something a little better than my outgoing Altima Coupe (2008 2.5S) with CVT. I combed Autotrader and Cars.com for something under 11k that met my needs for efficiency and value for money. I mostly found Nissan Versa(s) and Hyundai Accent(s). The Versa(s) should be considered when all else fails on financing and the Hyundai Accent is actually pretty good if you just commute. I found my 2014 LX Forte with 36k miles at a local dealership, they were great in answering all my questions. I have a black LX sedan with the popular equipment package (cruise control, mainly). It is actually albeit better than my previous car. The A/C is great in this car, even on low settings, turns into a refrigerator for me. The 1.8 Nu MPI motor borrowed from Hyundai is very good in keeping with traffic and is quick enough for me. As of this review, I haven't had the car a week and have already seen improvements over the Altima. The cargo space is much better, with eight cupholders, better driving position, (7 out of 10) comfortable seating, and great ergonomics. The fuel economy has been great with 400+ miles per tank. The sound system is just okay, if you are playing CDs, however with Bluetooth audio, and aux/usb integration is just ok, as well. It has Nexen CP-671 tires, which are OEM, but do the job just nicely. They are smooth, cheap, and get the job done. The suspension is nice on good roads and coarse on terrible roads. The transmission (coming from a CVT for over eight years) is a welcome change. It is smooth going through gears 3-6, but in normal driving under 35 mph, it can a little bucky. Overall, a get car under $11k if you can properly find one.

Best car I've owned
By R. Collis

2014 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Starts off great but major water issues!
By shanell

2014 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had this car for over 2 years now and the issue of water somehow leaking into the car from the trunk/back lights has become a major problem. Anytime it rains or you get the car washed you have to hope that the car and anything in your trunk isn't soaked inside. I have gone out to find puddles of water, wet back seats and trunk, and in the cold months frozen windows (from the inside). The back windows stopped working which I am sure is due to the water damage and I have seen condensation inside the dash board where the speedometer is as well as freezing in the ceiling lights.

Heads up, the problem begins with windows that constantly fog and you'll probably dismiss it with bad defrosting but DO NOT be fooled!

The gas mileage is great but the issues that come with this car are not worth it.

Frustrated Kia owner!!!
By Pennie

2014 Kia Forte Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car starts out cute, had it 2 yrs. now. Just found that there has been water running into the vehicle by way of trunk or back windshield. It's rains for a day and a half. I put something in my trunk and spotted a soaked trunk. I thought well I'll put in in the back seat , opened the door and put my bag on the back seat only to find that the back seat and floor were completed enfolded in water.
Took the car to the dealer, there response was, well your warranty is out. The car is having electrical problems back windows won't open , apparently the water ruined them. The car has mold. They say , oh yes we are fixing there manufactures defect, not mine because it's out of warranty. WTF, this should be a recall due to defect! Won't stop this fight!!! This could cost more for repairs than the car is worth. Looking for help!!! Frustrated in North Carolina

Good car BUT overstated mpg
By Paul

2014 Kia Forte Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6A)

Kia Forte overall is a good car, but they overstate their mpg. I'm not getting near kia projected 29 mpg instead I'm getting 25 mpg while driving about 60% highway and doing it with a light foot. Kia and hyundai are getting poor mpg compare to other compact cars manufacturers, plus they recently got fine by the govt for overstating their mpg for their cars. Guess they haven't learn there lesson.