2013 Kia Forte - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:
Good car for my money
By dreadnought on 07/21/14 10:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my Forte for two years now. It has 17000 miles on it and we have driven it in all weather, all terrains, over much if the country without a problem. Ride is comfortable for class. I recently got 42.6 mpg on a trip from the northeast to Georgia and back , and The car usually averages about 36-38 highway, 28 local. Love the exterior staying for its classic, clean look.interior is bland, yes, but not junky, either. This is my second Kia, the first,a Sportage was a great car which I traded in at 80K to get better more economy, never gave me a problem. I trust this car will of as well.

Great car!
By kevohyuh on 04/19/14 20:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Currently at 15,006 miles and loving it. I heard a lot of complaints about the gas mileage and I have to tell you.. I get 32 to 35 miles to the gallon easy and have nothing to complain about. The car looks great. Inside and out. I would suggest better stock speakers and a metal fuel door, but other than that, perfect little car for the money. Can't go wrong.

surprising gas mileage
By my_forte on 05/12/13 04:03 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Forte SX 4dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Since I was starting a new job that entailed a considerable commute, I needed a car with good gas mileage that didn't hurt the wallet too much. However, since I was going to be spending a considerable amount of time in the car, I wanted as many creature comforts as possible for a low price. The Kia Forte SX 2.4 litre does not sip fuel as well as the 2.0 litre, but I found that driving 100km/hour(legal speed limit here in Ontario), I could attain exactly the 6.2 litres/100km that was advertised...until my last fill-up. The odometer reached 9700 km and at 70-80km/hr while taking the scenic route home, the average consumption dipped to 5.1litres/100km. The 80km trip averaged 5.5litres/100km.

2013 Forte SX
By justin53955 on 04/18/13 19:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my Forte since Sept of '12 and thus far I have to say my major gripes are the crappier than expected fuel mileage... a tire that buldged out on me that they wouldn't cover under the warranty "because I must have hit something to make it break", and the leather on the steering wheel is so soft that if you happen to get out of your car with your keys in your hand, it tends to scrape the leather on the wheel as you grab it to get out and tear it... so within the first month of having it, they had to totally replace my steering wheel. Ride gets a tad stiff after a couple hours of driving for a long ways but awesome style and love the features

The car is okay, but the gas mileage is not very good.
By soxmamma on 01/28/13 19:10 PM (PST)

2013 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Kia Forte Hatchback since September and have not been impressed by the gas mileage. Highway miles I have not gotten over 30 and city miles are only at 20-22. I do not drive the car hard or jack rabbit starts at the stoplight. Not impressed and would probably go with a Honda or Toyota with my next car.

Great Car, But Drinks Gas
By tekwrek on 11/04/12 04:36 AM (PST)

2013 Kia Forte EX 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

We are pleased with all of the features except the mileage. Based on Kia's specs and Edmunds city/highway mileage calculator we expected mileage of 30 to 32 mpg. (The specs said 34+, but you never get that mileage.) However, we are averaging 26-27 mpg for primarily highway driving. Kia should have included the Forte in its fuel economy rating correction program and should have included Forte owners in its Vehicle Owners Compensation program. We have written to the company and EPA about the omission.

Love my new Kia
By paulestep on 10/20/12 15:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2012 Kia Forte EX. I absolutely love my car. It has plenty of pick-up, very quiet, great features and great gas mileage. Recently took it on a little road trip and was very impressed with how well it ran. It has more than enough room for my family of 4 and the trunk is large enough for our luggage plus my guitar.

why buy anything else!!!!!!!
By bmorelock on 09/21/12 11:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the best car i have ever owned. I work for ford and this car puts the ford focus to shame i will never buy another ford again

The Best deal for the Money!
By belljackie on 07/21/12 21:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Kia Forte Koup EX 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Phenominal!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Kia Forte in VA is:

$155 per month*