2005 Kia Amanti 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Tickled in Tacoma

2005 Kia Amanti - Consumer Review

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Tickled in Tacoma
By Tickled in Tacoma on

2005 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased in July 2005. Looked around on the web and local dealerships for Nissan, Toyota, Mercury, Chevrolet, and Honda vehicles similar to this one. After researching and test driving, I decided on the Amanti. Couldn't be any happier, as it's a joy to drive. The salesman has contacted me three times since my purchase to ensure I was happy, and the dealership treated me like I was purchasing a car for twice what I did. The ride is smooth and quiet, and I bought a near-luxury car, not a sports car, so I don't expect it to drive like a Miata or Triumph. Very happy with the car and purchase experience. I would heartily recommend this car (and have!) to friends and family.

Favorite Features

I love the nice quiet ride. Comfortable seats front and rear, and the ride is as smooth as driving on a cloud. The stereo sounds great and you don't need to have it cranked to enjoy the subtle sounds. I get lots of curious looks and approving smiles from people in other lanes, which is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

Split folding rear seats to open up over-sized storage. The rear-view mirror seems a bit in the way, but maybe it's because I have the seat too high. I've never felt it was under-powered, even accelerating, but many reviews mention this as a problem. A compass on the trip computer would be nice.