Beware of interior LEAKS
By spy178 on
2009 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
We just picked up our new patriot 09 limited, sun and sound package on 8/5/09 and noticed our 1st leak (water pouring out of the front Dome Light) about 2 weeks later (1st rain storm). Come to find a Recall was issued by Chrysler on 8/7/09 for the same issue. Everything else is great about the jeep, but i've already had to take it in to have the leak issue looked at. Dealer claims to have resolved the issue by clearing a drain in the sun room. Judging by the many online posts on this issue, the same leak or a new one is likely to return. I would suggest that if you are in the market for a new patriot, to at the very least take it through the car wash a couple times on the test drive.
Favorite Features
The auto stick is fun to use and the leater interior is very comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Get one that doesn't leak.
By 2tc
on 08/20/14 22:09 PM (PDT)

I am so sorry that I just read this review. I just purchased a used 2009 Jeep Patriot Limited. That was the first thing it did was leak. We have a 30 day warranty that will run out in 2 days and the suv has been in the shop for all the leaking you just described. I am really to hear that there was a recall on these vehicles, hope I can work something out.. ''''.................................................