2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Review: Transmission / Leaks / 60K Buy

2008 Jeep Patriot - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

Transmission / Leaks / 60K Buying a Patriot Read this...
By lipjunkiee on

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x4. I bought it two years ago with only 5K miles. One month after I bought the car the back light dome and flash light filled up with water. They stripped my interior out and gave me new interior and had to weld the problem. Two months ago 200 miles after my warranty expired the leak came back - but worse! I took it in for a diagnostic. They told me a stick had plugged my drainage tube for my sunroof. WOW! I never use my sunroof. THEN after I get my transmission serviced - fluid changed etc 500.00 dollars later... and two months later my TRANSMISSION goes out.... It's going to cost me $ 5,150.00 dollars to replace it. CVT TRANSMISSIONS ARE NOT RELIABLE!

The interior is nice, but it's what's under the hood that matters.

Dump the CVT - This car will leave you stranded!
By albert30
on 10/18/11 16:17 PM (PDT)

Why did you do a transmission service on it. The service is not due until 120000 miles and then if warranted. My mechanic is not a Chrysler lover but thinks that they have come a long way on the product. I think that your car has other issues the water thing happened to mine and the dealership told me how to keep it cleaned, I could not understand it when the used of mine is only the slide shade. Perform Maintenance Every (Where time and mileage are listed, follow the interval that occurs first.) Maintenance Items Miles Kilometers or Months Change the manual transmission fluid if using your vehicle for any of the following: trailer towing, snow plowing, heavy loading, taxi, police, delivery service (commercial service), off-road, desert operation or more then 50% of your driving is at sustained high speeds during hot weather, above 90°F (32°C). 48,000 80 000 48 Change Rear Drive Assembly (RDA) fluid. 60,000 100 000 60 Change Power Transfer Unit (PTU) fluid. 60,000 100 000 60 Change the automatic transmission fluid and filter if using your vehicle for any of the following: police, taxi, fleet or frequent trailer towing. 60,000 100 000 60 Inspect and replace PCV valve if necessary. † 90,000 150 000 90 Flush and replace the engine coolant. 102,000 170 000 60