2008 Jeep Patriot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:
Pat's Performance Passes
By choco on 07/05/09 08:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Acceleration is gradual, but will be good enough for merging in the freeway. It handles like a car. The back pillar does create a blind spot, but the large side mirrors help slightly with the issue. Overall, I love driving my Patriot...maybe a little too much.

Much More Than You Pay For
By zulu45 on 06/29/09 20:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I own a 2008 Patriot 4WD. It is not the trail-rated version, but has the CVT2. Since purchasing it, I have had it during two ice storms, one in early 2008, and the horrific one here in Kentucky in 2009. And during both storms, there was one constant: this Jeep just can't get stuck! No matter where I was driving, even without being the trail-rated version, it handled everything, including hills that full-sized trucks with off-road packages couldn't even come close to handling. The fuel economy is great, but it's not sluggish. Acceleration is great, and the auto-stick is a lot of fun, and helps with city MPGs. The interior isn't luxurious, but it's a great utility interior.

a predicatable 4 Cylinder Jeep
By Matt K on 06/27/09 21:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a very nice car. I enjoy driving it around places and it is very rugged. Gone over some medians in some midnight runs and it handles them like a jeep should. (haha) Gas mileage is around 19MPG for me in the city with the AC always on frozen. I really hate the small 13.5 gallon tank for gas, the Honda CRV's tank is 2 gallons bigger! The CVT makes some noise during hard acceleration but overall fairly quiet. The car pulls pretty well around 4K RPMs (torque curve). I don't drive like a grandma which could also point to the less than standard gas mileage.

Awesome car!
By ryanapem on 06/25/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been wonderful! I've owned it now for 6 months and put about 10,000 miles on it. I've had no mechanical issues with it and it has performed better than expected. I consistently get 25.5 MPG in the city and 26.5 MPH highway. I've never seen less than 24.5 MPH. It is comfortable, easy to reconfigure (fold seats and such), capable and cheap to own and operate. I've got no real drawbacks to this car. It really has met and exceeded all my expectations.

My Smartest Buy Ever
By jppatriot on 06/20/09 07:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just put 10K on my Patriot and love it. The CVT took about 2 weeks to get used to. Now I enjoy the nice smooth ride the CVT offers. I have a Sport model w/ few options, but it's a Jeep... Who needs options. The interior is simple but very functional and easy to keep clean. The back seats are large enough for my kids 2 car seats. The back seat floor boards are also very deep! Great for that tall friend riding in the back. The storage in the back is a little small but adequate for day to day use. The fold flat seats are awesome. Great for the random Home Depot runs I've made. Can you say MPG's!! Averaging 22-25city and 24-27hwy!

Trail Rated Jeep Patriot
By Bill on 06/04/09 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Had the Pat a year it's been a great Jeep. The Trail Rated package is the only way to go it sits 1 inch higher w/ full skid plates, crawl 4x4, good stuff. Great mpg and fun to drive - the Jeep Dealer has taken great care of us on oil changes and free tire rotation. I've owned a lot of Jeeps this one carries on a great tradition. Thanks Jeep. Just paid it off so I like it even better now.

After 23,000 miles...
By Alex on 06/02/09 00:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this Jeep!!! After 23,000 miles it drives like new! I'm still smiling! Not a single problem since I bought it new - knock on wood. Have had bmw, benz, jag before so first American vehicle and very surprised and amazed. This Jeep does have some engineering from Benz though which is a bonus! I believe this is the lightest CUV out there and handles beautifully around corners. Salesman said there is not much get up and go from start, only highway speeds was great but I found out both to be great! The lightweight really comes through here and CVT tranny does a great job at keeping shifts very smooth. Dynamics of vehicle is very balanced. Outside size is deceiving to how roomy it is inside.

Lemon
By IDW on 05/22/09 13:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the patriot in may of 08 my parents have one and I liked it. I had mine for about seven months then it stopped shifting from 4th gear to 6th gear. i took it to jeep. They put in a new transmission, wiring harness, and circuits, that still did not fix the problem. They had it for 2 months, and could not fix the problem. They were in the process of buying it back when they went bankrupt. Now i have no jeep and i'm still making payments. Until that point that point it worked great. I drove it to Seattle from Tucson, then from Tucson to Durango, Mexico. Awesome gas mileage. Fun to drive. If I trusted Chrysler I would buy another one in a heart beat.

May have just been ours, but...
By Mgoble on 05/10/09 08:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This was one of the worst cars we ever bought. It was our 3rd new car purchased. My mom loved the Surf Blue color, so we bought it. The service engine soon light came on twice in 2 weeks, both times it had to be serviced. The tire inflation light came on when the temp was under 50 degrees. We also didn't like it because it set lower than our other SUVs. It also stalled on us at red lights several times. Ours should have been LEMON yellow, instead of blue, we only kept it 5 months.

Great little jeep!
By Dean on 05/09/09 22:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new in mid 08 2.4 5spd 4x4. I have already put over 50k on it. Gas mileage is 22-29. It is very reliable. Great brakes, not had to change them yet. Smooth clutch. smart interior. Only prob was a leak in sunroof. You get alot for your money plus great warranty!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.