2005 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 2WD

2005 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 2WD
By rich9294 on

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my Liberty in December of 2004. I had no problems, until year 5. In the last year, the transmission has had two repairs, the left rear window broke on vacation(the glass did not go backup), and there has been one recall. My extended warranty is about to expire, and I am left wondering what will break next when I have to pay the full amount of the repair. Also, town mileage is real, real bad, around 15 mpg. I can usually get 22 to 24 mpg on the road if I drive 65 mph. If I were to assign a letter grade to my Jeep, it would receive a D. I will not purchase another Jeep or Chrysler product, ever again.

The exterior styling and the strong air conditioner are my favorite features.

Additional compartments on the inside for everyday commuter use. Improved gas mileage (bad for its size). Improve the long term reliability. My Jeep was never driven hard or far, yet we have had two major transmission repairs. The product is inferior when compared to its rivals.