Used 2005 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Very nice JEEP!
By Joey

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Jeep & I love it! Got the Limited, V6 with the leather, sunroof, heated seats & mirrors, 6 CD changer with Infinity speakers. The power is adequate for its class and has a lot of "get up and go!" I wish it was better at the pump ... only about 15-6 MPG. I'm 6'1"/240# and I have plenty of leg room in the front; the back is a bit tight for me. It's fun to drive and handles very well. Recently took it on a long road trip, and it's very comfortable and a smooth ride (It does get some wind noise). I was going to purchase foreign, but with the rebates and all that I got with this, I went with American.

Favorite Features

All the "Extras." Leather, heated seats & mirrors, CD changer, side airbags, chrome front grill, the WICKED Red Inferno pearl coat paint (I get so MANY compliments!). The bigger wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Really needs more little compartments, to put "things." Sunglass holder would be nice! Better gas mileage would be great. The glovebox could be bigger.

Jeep Liberty CRD rocks
By jfelty

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Now have 8,800 miles on CRD and I am averaging 26.8 mpg on trips at 65-70 mph. I do get almost 500 miles to a tank of fuel. Test drove the 3.7L gas engine and didn't care for the feel. The CRD is fun to drive and has loads of torque for highway cruising. Buy the CRD; the diesel is fun and gets the MPG that they advertise. Diesels require break in of several thousands of miles to get best MPG.

Favorite Features

2.8 CRD engine, sound system, leather seats, 4WD system, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

Larger fuel tank of 25 gallons, tow package as standard on all CRD'S.

Jeep Liberty Limited
By shannon

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

i love this vehicle. I paid cash for it and it's the best vehicle I have ever purchased. It drives greatk you can hardly tell when you go over bumps in the road or train tracks. It gets good gas mileage. I can tell exactly how many miles I have left till empty as well as telling how much air pressure is in the tires and the XM radio is the best. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Favorite Features

XM radio, tire pressure reader, and how much gas you have left till empty indicator.

Suggested Improvements

Heated seats, side steps is what I want to put on it.

2005 Jeep Liberty Diesel Review
By FrankW

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Today's diesels are nothing like yesteryear. They are fast, clean, quiet and efficient. I average 27 mpg with my mostly highway driving. Acceleration can give you *whiplash* About half of the local service stations sell diesel fuel and there is never a line to get at the pump. I'm extremely happy about switching to diesel. Hybrids are good if you live in the city with stop and go traffic. For suburbanites, diesel is the smart thing to do. Hey -- if worse ever came to worse, I could burn old french fry oil. :-)

Favorite Features

I enjoy the bassy tone of the engine when it accelerates and the soft pleasant clatter that means business when it idles.

Suggested Improvements

My biggest complainant is not enough storage compartments. Jeep could easily have built more clutter-catchers all over the vehicle -- but didn't.

great overall/ great value
By jj

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I got this new 2005 Jeep Liberty for my wife. Compared it against some other mid-size SUVs and this is the best I could find for her. Easy and fun to drive (as a matter of fact I love driving it). Exceptional off-road capabilities. It's much more car than I expected. It's small, so don't expect to fit 7 people in it. But if you are looking for a 2 adult (+ 2 children) car, this is a great option.

Favorite Features

Nice engine. Lively feel. Great off- road. Comfortable on long road trips. WAY better than any previous vehicle build by Jeep.

Suggested Improvements

Better OME tires. Window controls on side panel (like every one else in this planet).