2005 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Better than Expected
By Henry on 12/18/04 21:50 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

wanted to get the diesel, but couldn't since I live in New York. I strongly believe gas mileage should be improved; other than that the truck is a blast to drive, love the stereo and the leather interior, but would have picked a different color for the interior, if it would have been available.

Nice upgrade from Wrangler
By My2ndJeep on 12/17/04 19:12 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the Liberty after owning a Wrangler for a few years. It's a nice upgrade with more room and a quieter ride. I choose to buy another Jeep because of the quality of my last one, and because my husband is military, so we travel long distances to visit our relatives and therefore tend to have a higher mileage than usual. From my experience Jeeps handle higher mileage well so this vehicle works well for us.

Fun, Affordable, and Well Made
By Terry Day on 12/17/04 17:26 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Before buying, I drove the Escape, Tribute, Santa Fe, and Freelander. The Liberty is quiet and fun to drive, though the ride is not as smooth as some of the others. The V6 has very good acceleration, and the automatic seems to always be in the right gear. Powerful brakes. Build quality is excellent and the doors close with a solid thunk. I think the white instrument dials in the 2004 model are distracting and cheap looking. These were replaced in 05' with easier-to- read and more tasteful dark faced dials. Rear seats are easy to fold, and lay almost completely flat. The front seat height is fine for me, but is non-adjustable. Overall, a good design and a good value.

Best Jeep Yet!
By mbrewer on 12/14/04 14:48 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 Cherokees and 3 Grand Cherokees. This is my first Liberty and I have to say it is the best one yet. It is the most fun to drive, great get up and go, much tighter than the Cherokees were, sits higher and turns sharper too. The 05 refresh is tasteful and the chrome accents give it an upscale look and feel. The leather seats are a huge notch above the Cherokee leather in quality and it has a very German feel to the interior. You can park this thing just about anywhere with a minium of fuss - paint is glossy and consistent, fittings are snug and properly aligned, controls are logical and content is very high for this price- a lot of Jeep for the money and a lot of fun at any price!

The perfect car for me
By Wilson on 12/05/04 08:53 AM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This vehicle is nice to look at and so much fun to drive. It is diffinitely not a bumpy riding car. There is plenty of room for storage.

still a jeep
By Gary987 on 12/01/04 20:45 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

it is a nice trucky suv ..not as much carlike as some would like but in the snow and off road its alot of fun ..but even still, on the road it really isnt that bad ..i guess if you expect a car like ride ..then buy a car or a tinny car like suv..but this is a real suv built to last many winters and fun summers

The best
By Turkman on 12/01/04 12:53 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had 2 of these. My first one I bought in 2001 I gave that to my wife after I put 45,000 miles. Best 4x4 on the road.

Best SUV outthere
By Justin Bittner on 11/30/04 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The jeep liberty is the best buy for the money. It's 210 hp V6 can not be topped by any SUV in it's class. I plan to keep my liberty until it just won't go anymore, than i'll buy a new one.

Love 2005 Renegade!
By snoq on 11/23/04 19:49 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

It's comfortable to drive on freeway and in the city. The drive is more like a big truck than a passenger car. Stiff and a little bouncy which makes it fun to drive! It's so fun to drive off road! We've went for off road test drive a couple of times already in Cascades. It drove through sticky cray-like mud, cross the water paddle (about 1ft. deep), drove up the steep gravel/dirt hill EASILY without any problem...all with 4WD High. We haven't go to use 4 LO yet...need to be more extreme condition or tarrain to use it. (Maybe after heavy snow in the mountain!)

2003 Liberty Review
By rwsgolfer on 11/15/04 18:15 PM (PST)

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned a 2003 Liberty Limited for 18 month. Great SUV; gas mileage iffy.