2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand-cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Purchased 2014 GC Summit Demo
By curtis75

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I picked up a 2014 GC Summit (Demo) with the 5.7L V8 in Jan 2015. So far its been an excellent SUV, plenty of power, very comfortable, touch screen very easy to use and connect my devices. Interior fit an finish is excellent really like the leather seating and suede headliner, Black interior, Harmon Kardon sound, LOTS of bump. The drive, as it is a heavy Vehicle and me coming from a sports sedan, is very comfortable, Sport mode well thats a hole different beast need I say more. Jeeps done a really good job with the GC. But my only issue with it is that the Uconnect is not available in Canada, Whats the hold up...?

Favorite Features

Sport Mode, 8.4 touchscreen, Harmon Kardon sound system, and select terrain system.

Suggested Improvements

Bottom of the interior door needs a different material that hides or doesn't show scuff marks. Lower the SUV to aero mode manually, built in Wifi, and cooled rear seats. Give it more power. Edmunds please fix the options in the drop down screen add the V8 Hemi engines.

2014 Jeep GC is the best SUV available
By markansas

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have the Limited 4x4, 3.6 Liter V-6 gasoline with Advanced Technology Group, the Lux Group II, Trailer Tow Group IV, Exterior Appearance Group, Off-Road Adventure I and the Uconnect Nav option. I drove a Mercedes SUV, a Land Rover, the Audi Q5 and Q7 and the Volvo X90. I liked the Limited GC better than all of them and relative to cost, I LOVED the Limited GC. The others are so overpriced relative to the Limited GC. For all the reviews complaining about the diesel engine, I ask this: Why in the Hades did you buy the diesel? It cost an extra $4200 + tax and it is no savings over a gasoline engine given that diesel fuel is 20% or so more expensive than 87 octane. Diesel = not a smart buy

Favorite Features

Build quality. Ride quality. Engine power and performance. All technology...especially the nav system and the advanced technology group components. Keyless entry and remote start. Dual pane panoramic sunroof. Leather seats that are ventilated. Full size spare.

Suggested Improvements

For the price point, i have no suggested improvements. If this vehicle stickered for $75K+, I would likely come up with a few...like a wet bar, or foot massagers, and the like.

Do not buy
By scjc6003

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased a 2014 diesel Grand Cherokee for multiple reasons. It got great gas mileage, could tow more than some trucks (we have horses), it can do off-road (at farms) and still fit in a parking garage in DC. This vehicle WOULD have been the perfect vehicle however it has been in the shop at least once in 8 of the last 12 months I have owned it. It qualifies for VA lemon law on two accounts and Jeep still will not assist me. Its really too bad because the vehicle could have been a real home run - if it worked. Lost vacation time, spent hours at the garage, etc. and it still doesn't work. Going in next week to get the cruise control fixed.

Suggested Improvements

More storage area up front. Design later models so they work - and for the love of family, fix or replace the poor folks struggling with the 2014 model.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 Diesel (ADV TECH)
By jeepgcfan

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is an update to a couple of reviews I have made on this car. As much as it pains me to say, please avoid the 2014 JGC Diesel and probably Jeeps altogether. My car has currently around 9K miles and has been in the shop 5-6 times. The last few times have been related to the diesel engine (catalytic converter was changed, engine light turned on a few times, and now a pipe in the diesel engine cracked. This resulted in exhaust fumes going everywhere. It is a true shame as this has been a car I had been waiting to buy for years. Chrysler really needs to improve its build quality and reliability as well as provide options for folks with lemons. I guess I am going the lemon law route. AVOID IT

Favorite Features

Irrelevant if the car doesn't work.

Suggested Improvements

Please improve reliability. This would be a great car if it worked.

Embarassing
By hebron112

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love my first ever GC. I had the fabric seats changed to leather and it is brilliant and only 6 months old.I am blown away by the power when you hit the accelerator even compared to my Dodge Nitro (petrol). The Laredo can throw you back in your seat. Love it! The paddle shifts that I thought were just a gimmick are great when towing which it also a winner in my book.All the electronics are impressive compared to my previous Dodge.It looks good and for an SUV is reasonably quiet. The only 2 x things that annoy me actually embarrass me and Jeep could have avoided which is the foot brake alarms and warnings and the door hinges able to overextend.

Favorite Features

The power when I hit the accelerator, the paddle shifts when towing and I do like the comms.The back seats are nice and easy to fold up or down as well.

Suggested Improvements

The handbrake which is a foot brake has a weak sounding beep and a tiny double red light that when you drive off and inadvertently drive off with it still on the light goes off and the beep doesn't stay on. That is until you get to the next stop sign or try and engage Cruise Control. The other thing in a gust of wind the drivers door flew back and put a small crease in the panel while overextending. It would have been very easy to have a safety strap or something to protect this.