2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
I made a huge mistake.
By bprescue on 12/19/14 12:20 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I'v owned many Toyotas and Hondas. Where dependability/ capability i grew bored of styling. I liked the styling of the Overland 4x4 V8 and gave it a shot. 3 months & realize I made a HUGE mistake. Off road is poor with suspension clunking while decompressing over modest bumps or rocks. Panels inside and outside are popping off. Check engine light on and off with dealer saying speaker issue; LOL. Fuel smell. Remote start will not turn on AC or heat until you enter vehicle. Climate control issues Set at 75+ will always blow heat even if temp is 100, set @ 74- will blow AC cold even it temp is 20 degrees. Liftgate problems, radio/SD issues. Bad to no Service.

So many problems with 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
By lincoln16 on 12/15/14 05:33 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The day I drove my 2014 Jeep GC off the lost the issues started. As I waived goodbye to my dealer sales rep I notice the Jeep steering wheel is mis aligned and the Jeep pulls to the left on the highway. After multiple realignments and numerous trips to the dealer, they could not fix the issue. Even a Chrysler tech rep came out and could not fix the problem. Then not more than two weeks into ownership and the engine light starts going on and off. After multiple restarts, the engine light goes off only to come on a few days later. A few days after that, the transmission won't go into reverse gear. More trips to the dealer and still not fixed. I'm warning everyone...Do Not Buy a Jeep GC.

This is the 2014 diesel limited 4x2 - not on list
By sl3_007 on 12/13/14 08:27 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

1st diesel car/suv for me. So much torque and great mpg. Got 34 mpg on a 500 mile Thanksgiving trip. 700 miles between fuel stops. After 5k so far no trips to the dealer for anything. 26 mpg avg around town. 8 speed trans. and electronic shifter takes a little time to adjust to but actually works well and is efficient. The DEF was still half full so 10k between fill-ups is realistic. Build quality is excellent with no squeaks or rattles. The NAV and electronics has worked well syncing with phone and XM. Still have more to learn and utilize. Auto back liftgate and storage is easy to use and ample for midsize suv.

2014 Grand Cherokee Multiple Issues
By yeloiron on 12/06/14 18:19 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland in October 2013. I've driven 39k miles on California highways since the purchase. The problems began before I got home and have continued to grow plague the vehicle. My first issue was the loud clunk in the rear end during acceleration from a dead stop and repeating during deceleration. The transmission fails to find the right gear either from a dead stop of while passing which is a major safety issue. Driver seat squeaks during movement. The sunroof rattles, the radio/Bluetooth works sometimes and water gets into the fuel filler cap during a car wash. The dealers answer is always a re-boot. I plan to trade it in over the holidays. Poor quality.

Transmission failure
By kschleic on 12/02/14 18:01 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After about 30 seconds driving forward, the car shifted from 2nd gear back to first gear. The car practically skidded to shift back to first. I was thrown forward in the car. It would not shift out of first. The engine light came on. They said something is wrong with the transmission. They said with a car this new, they do not have the knowledge to fixing the transmissions. They replaced the transmission. I picked it up on a Monday, November 24 and drove it home. The next day, I had the problem again. When turning on 4 lane road, the vehicle started to go across the intersection and stopped in middle. Needless to say, they cant find a problem with it. I dont want the car anymore.

Before Fiat came to the rescue, Chrysler was dying
By jdwhite9 on 11/28/14 22:19 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The premium radio and navigation system is out of date, of poor quality and no upgrades available. The sound system has almost no memory, you need to "plug in" a hard drive with your downloads or carry the CDs with you. Worst of all, the driver's seat has some component that will periodically "thump" you at your kidney level on the door side of the seat. I don't know if it is the lumbar support springing out, or something else. Since it only happens periodically, the dealer won't try to fix my new car with this little "gift" from Chrysler. Just like they don't consider the "Premium Navigation" system not knowing that I-49 is open north of Shreveport as being any concern. Service sucks.

Known Transmission issue that Jeep denies exists
By zootstinsky1 on 11/27/14 17:14 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

first 3 gears shift so hard that it will snap your head back. Took to dealer 3 separate times. They all say there is no fix and that it is normal. Google this issue. You will see that a lot of 2014 jeep grand cherokee owners have this problem. It feels like the transmission is slipping in the fist 3 gears. Even the service guys at 2 dealerships admit there is a problem but no fix and Jeep says its normal. I've been driving cars for 22 years and I travel for work and rent cars every week. This problem is like no other I've ever experienced in any other car. The GPS with voice controls is also worthless and system also does not work with messaging and iPhones. The most popular phone!

Love this car
By happyowner25 on 11/21/14 14:46 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased the Grand Cherokee Overland with the Hemi engine. I am very happy with the vehicle. The pick up is excellent and interior design is beautiful. The transmission shifts smoothly. I purchased it in March and waited to write the review until I had driven it for awhile. I have taken a number of trips in it so far and it is fun to drive and also very comfortable. Not the best gas mileage but if that was a beg concern I wouldn't have gotten the Hemi.

Beware! Poor quality + poor customer service!
By rlarocca on 11/20/14 08:39 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased my Grand Cherokee new in September of 2014. As of today, it has spent over 35 days at the dealer for numerous issues - transmission, radiator, gps, bluetooth, brake recall, electrical recall, rusting of tow hooks, water pump, interior door panels broken from the factory. Jeep has refused to negotiate under the New Jersey Lemon Law and has kept me waiting since August. I was also promised that customer care would call this week after my Jeep spent 10 days waiting for a radiator and water pump. Still no answer. Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep have the worst quality as per the latest Consumer's Report that came out last week - and the worst customer relations in the business!

Trouble free so far - but the nav sucks
By cageordie on 11/13/14 23:47 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have the diesel, other than significant turbo lag it is a great engine. Getting away fast is dawdling off the line then launching at about 10mph with a neck snapping jump, from there on the 8 speed is flawless. The interior is fine and the electronics are good, other than the useless and expensive nav. Where I was born they call this "spoiling the ship for a haporth of tar". Basically going cheap rate on one part and ruining the whole effect. The navigation sucks. They used to use Garmin, that worked well. They switched to Navteq, which is poor. But the navigation display is what I normally use, so I see it sucking a lot. The auto zoom's idea of 'far' is a couple of hundred yards.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$161 per month*