2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2002 JGC

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

2002 JGC
By JD on

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 Grand Cherokee was a great buy. I've only had a handful of minor issues with it...nothing that one wouldn't expect from driving 25-40 miles per day in city traffic. But with an average of 18-23mpg or so, it's not unreasonable at all. It's a bit squirrelly on the freeway, but it has amazing control in town. Driving in Houston, Austin and Dallas has been a breeze, even when hauling 5 folks or a full load of "stuff". I'll be drivin' the wheels off mine. Unless of course I get a newer one. (Thatís why I'm back to Edmunds). Someone looking for a fair sized SUV with good city driving characteristics won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Quick handling and driving characteristics in town. There's nowhere this Jeep can't go. It's got a fair gas mileage for its class and can haul a remarkable amount for its size.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it 'tightened up' on the freeway. 70ish mph is fine, but with a cross wind and/or a little more speed... it becomes squirrelly.