1998 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Review: My first and only Jeep...thus

1998 Jeep Cherokee - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (4.0L 6-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual)

My first and only Jeep...thus far......
By Jeepney on

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport brand new -- right off the hauling truck. It originally had 0.3 miles when I drove it of the lot. I now have over 124K miles. So far, the only problem and so much to my suprise, the water pump went out at 42K miles and the factory front breaks at about the same time. The second front brakes wore out at around 85K miles. I'm on third set of front break at over 124K miles and I suspect I'll be replacing it soon since it's starting to vibrate again. The rear breaks wore out at around 114K miles. That's all the problems I've had in the 5 year I've own my Jeep. I guess that's good enough. No engine problem so far.

4-wheel-driving in 8 inches of snow when everyone else is off the side of the road putting tire chains on, a truck-like drive feel on the road, I can do the tune-up myself, my fiance likes driving it in the rain and snow, and the body style.

Bring back the Jeep Cherokee body style with improved front breaks!!!!!