2013 Jaguar XJ Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jaguar XJ Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XJ model:
Best value for $$$
By carlspackler1 on 12/14/14 05:25 AM (PST)

2013 Jaguar XJ Sedan XJL Portfolio 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Simply the best car I've owned. After many Mercedes, I grew tired of their mundane interiors, and lately their Rube Goldberg exterior styling. The interior is measureably more luxurious and inviting than any Mercedes we've owned. The doors close with a solid "thunk"' reflecting the quality. Instrumentation is straightforward, and the audio quality is far beyond anything we've heard from Mercedes. Despite the negative reviews of the audio/navigation system, we've found this system much more user friendly, and programs easier than Mercedes clunky system.

Big Blue Beast
By melancholyman on 07/23/13 11:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Jaguar XJ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Always thought I'd wind up with a Mercedes-Benz or Lexus. Looked at E-Class Mercedes and Lexus ES and GS. Found the Mercedes interior disappointing. Sitting in both Lexus models was like sitting inside a computer: soulless and cold. No personality or warmth at all. Sitting in my AWD XJ is like being in a leather chair in an English gentleman's club. Plenty of power, excellent handling. Design and build quality both superb. A bigger car than I actually wanted, but, when we sat in it, my wife and I just looked at each other and knew we'd found our car.