Used 2002 Infiniti QX4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Infiniti Qx4 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Infiniti QX4

View reviews for a specific QX4 model:

2002 Infinti QX4 Platinum Edition (Canadian Edition only)
By danoqx

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is without a dought the best vehicle I have ever owned, very reliable and super comfortable the engine is so smooth your not sure its even running. the only complaint is the gas mileage which everyone complains about with this engine however it is also very powerful so gas mileage is the tradeoff. I have 186,000 KMS now with no breakdowns except for changing the muffler and resonator. I have also owned a 2007 G35 and it also was a terrific vehicle but I found myself driving the QX4 most of the time so I sold the G35 to my son. I will continue to drive Infiniti or Nissan over other brands.

Favorite Features

Quiet, very comfortable, powerfull, incredible in the winter, reliable, good looking, perfect size. love everything about it, no complaints at all.

Suggested Improvements

None

Very Well-Built, Super Reliable
By faucj

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

As the second owner of my QX4, I've put 82,000 miles on it, bringing it to a total of 150,000. The only money I've spent on repairs was for a rattling heat shield early on. Aside from that, drivetrain has been bulletproof - no surprise as the VQ35DE engine was included in Ward's 10 Best for 2002. No squeaks or rattles - exterior and interior have held up remarkably well. CD player glitchy. Feels like a tank, which has its pluses and minuses - solid, but a bit underpowered; great towing (body-on-frame construction), but pretty poor fuel economy. Four-wheel-drive system is a technological marvel - has gotten me up a 45-degree snow bank with no wheelspin. Amazing truck - luxurious and reliable.

Favorite Features

Fit and finish, reliability, styling, body-on-frame construction for towing

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy

almost 6 years and no issues at all
By jaygorto

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i have had it for 6 years bought it w 24k. have 66k on it now. replaced exhaust and thats it. airbag light came on the week i bought it and dealer fixed right away and gave me a g35 loaner and now i have a g35 which i love also. Last night i got stuck in a blizzard for 13 hours and thank god i wasnt in my jeep. truck stayed warm all night and cd changer kept me sane. and all windows stayed defrosted. when i auto mode 4wd works when u need it, I wish they didnt stop making these!

Favorite Features

evrything, so many options!!!!

Suggested Improvements

none

Love my truck, Infiniti bring it back!!!
By Hokie4Life03

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this truck! I wanted a mid-size SUV for daily driving and something that could handle Northern VA weather. This SUV has everything I was looking for and has lived up to Nissan/Infiniti reputation. The gas mileage could be improved but if that is a major concern buy a crossover vehicle, not a traditional SUV. This is truly a go anywhere do anything vehicle, that does it in style. I am very disappointed Infiniti replaced this SUV with the FX models. The Qx4 is the perfect mid-size SUV!

Favorite Features

4WD, Navigation, Xenon headlights, Heated front and rear seats, Steering wheel mounted controls, and Intelligent cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Updated navigation system, Bluetooth, XM radio, Power lift gate and all the modern conveniences of a 2010 luxury SUV.

The second owner
By dblazzinhot

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this qx4 used with 193k miles on it-yes you may think I'm crazy but this car had all that I was looking for and the price was workable. One owner all maintenance records, just need new tires and wiper blade-so I thought. Needed oil rings replaced- $2,200.00! Running like brand new. Now at 196,114k on it will drive to Miami in a New York minute! I want to hit 300k then maybe I will trade it for a pathfinder le since they stopped making these in infiniti.

Favorite Features

smooth SUV ride great styling inside/out

Suggested Improvements

Bring it back and have rear seats fold flat