2002 Infiniti QX4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX4 model:
2002 Infinti QX4 Platinum Edition (Canadian Edition only)
By danoqx on 10/26/12 16:33 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is without a dought the best vehicle I have ever owned, very reliable and super comfortable the engine is so smooth your not sure its even running. the only complaint is the gas mileage which everyone complains about with this engine however it is also very powerful so gas mileage is the tradeoff. I have 186,000 KMS now with no breakdowns except for changing the muffler and resonator. I have also owned a 2007 G35 and it also was a terrific vehicle but I found myself driving the QX4 most of the time so I sold the G35 to my son. I will continue to drive Infiniti or Nissan over other brands.

Very Well-Built, Super Reliable
By faucj on 06/10/12 12:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

As the second owner of my QX4, I've put 82,000 miles on it, bringing it to a total of 150,000. The only money I've spent on repairs was for a rattling heat shield early on. Aside from that, drivetrain has been bulletproof - no surprise as the VQ35DE engine was included in Ward's 10 Best for 2002. No squeaks or rattles - exterior and interior have held up remarkably well. CD player glitchy. Feels like a tank, which has its pluses and minuses - solid, but a bit underpowered; great towing (body-on-frame construction), but pretty poor fuel economy. Four-wheel-drive system is a technological marvel - has gotten me up a 45-degree snow bank with no wheelspin. Amazing truck - luxurious and reliable.

almost 6 years and no issues at all
By jaygorto on 12/27/10 16:52 PM (PST)

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i have had it for 6 years bought it w 24k. have 66k on it now. replaced exhaust and thats it. airbag light came on the week i bought it and dealer fixed right away and gave me a g35 loaner and now i have a g35 which i love also. Last night i got stuck in a blizzard for 13 hours and thank god i wasnt in my jeep. truck stayed warm all night and cd changer kept me sane. and all windows stayed defrosted. when i auto mode 4wd works when u need it, I wish they didnt stop making these!

Love my truck, Infiniti bring it back!!!
By Hokie4Life03 on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love this truck! I wanted a mid-size SUV for daily driving and something that could handle Northern VA weather. This SUV has everything I was looking for and has lived up to Nissan/Infiniti reputation. The gas mileage could be improved but if that is a major concern buy a crossover vehicle, not a traditional SUV. This is truly a go anywhere do anything vehicle, that does it in style. I am very disappointed Infiniti replaced this SUV with the FX models. The Qx4 is the perfect mid-size SUV!

The second owner
By dblazzinhot on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this qx4 used with 193k miles on it-yes you may think I'm crazy but this car had all that I was looking for and the price was workable. One owner all maintenance records, just need new tires and wiper blade-so I thought. Needed oil rings replaced- $2,200.00! Running like brand new. Now at 196,114k on it will drive to Miami in a New York minute! I want to hit 300k then maybe I will trade it for a pathfinder le since they stopped making these in infiniti.

Not a junker!
By Gil on 04/21/09 01:21 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti QX4 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my QX4 from a salvage dealer. It had been totaled and required a lot of repair work, but because of the salvage title, it was less than half the bluebook price. OK, a gamble, but everything worked perfectly. My first long-distance trip up the coast left me giddy with delight at the performance and handling of this vehicle. Outside temperature of 112 degrees, a very long steep grade to climb.. I left air conditioning on full blast, cruise at 70 mph..and the QX4 ran up the hill like it was going downhill. Temp gauge didn't move. I knew then this was a keeper! Four years later and I'm still in love with this vehicle. Careful smooth driving gets me 15/16 mpg city, 23/24 highway.

A great all around SUV
By QX4lover on 07/28/08 07:40 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's been over six years since I bought it new, and still drives like it did on the first day. Super reliable.

Not an SUV person ...
By M2D on 07/25/08 15:39 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I searched thoroughly for weeks to locate the perfect used 4Runner (96-02 body style), as I've always been a Toyota fan; 4Runners and Land Cruisers in particular. After looking at a dozen, or so, I realized my 6' 5" frame isn't well-received by the 4Runner's cramped interior, nor is the 3.4L (fabulously over-built engine) engine adequate to haul around the 4Runner's rump. Enter the QX4. The Infiniti was my ONLY alternative to the 4Runner, which is saying a lot. While the Infiniti isn't a body-on-frame SUV, it still has a rugged aura about it. The boxy, in-your-face front end somehow lends a polished, intellectual hand to its extremely well-balanced appearance.

Too many expensive repair problems
By Bob Craig on 11/02/07 16:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti QX4 2WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I liked the look and ride but the repair bills killed me; shocks, catalytic converters, fan motor,exhaust system, fuel injecters leaked. Resale value / trade in not good. Bad fuel mileage.

Still the Best Midsize SUV
By SUV hoper on 10/28/07 22:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti QX4 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned a 4Runner, a couple of Pathfinders and my QX4. Have also spent some time with a friends RX 330. Even though this car is now nearly 6 yrs old, I still believe it is one of the best mid-size SUVs out there. The style is still unsurpassed, great std. and optional features, excellent overall quality and reliability, and decent performance. A shame that they discontinued it. Although the undercarriage may be the same as the pathfinder (not a bad thing), it trumps the pathfinder in style and refinement. Line it up against the 07 midsize SUVs, and it would still stand out. One of the best vehicles I have owned.