2012 Hyundai Veloster Consumer Review: My Third Hyundai! Love it!

2012 Hyundai Veloster - Consumer Review

Base 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automated Manual w/Gray Interior)

My Third Hyundai! Love it!
By jec377 on

2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Gray Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6AM)

I have owned a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe - it was awesome! I had a 2006 Hyundai Elantra LTD that I sold when I bought the Veloster - it was awesome as well!
And I'm loving my Veloster so far - going on 6 months now! I wanted one from the moment I saw it on the Hyundai website, and managed to time my purchase just right!

I got the Style and Tech Packages. Smooth gear shifts, touch screen, XM, Navigation, hands free calling, steering wheel mounted audio controls, push button start, beautiful sunroof, gorgeous styling inside and out, better mpg than my Elantra (of course it is a smaller engine), nice sound system, original seat quality was comfortable and stylish, LOVE the 5-spoke alloy wheels with the black inserts!

I replaced the grey interior with black and red leather, added heated seat massagers, and tinted the windows. Some people may not put much consideration into those sorts of things; but, I think making leather an option (as opposed to the vinyl/cloth) would be a nice addition. I have yet to acheive anywhere near 40mpg. I tend to get high 20's in the city and so far, mid 30's on the highway. Taking off from a stop is a little sluggish. The back seat is a bit cramped for head space.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review