Compare to other 1.6
By slowlearner1 on
2012 Hyundai Veloster 3dr Hatchback w/Black Interior (1.6L 4cyl 6M)
When considering the acceleration on the Veloster, you need to have some experience with other 1.6 engines. It is as good or better than the others. Having said that, with the gearing of the the 6 spd, expect to have to down shift if you want to accerate. I've had the car 5k miles and have no problem going up hills...but if you have to accerate going up a hill you will have to shift. I get about 38 combined mpg and scored 49 on a recent trip to the lake. Outside of a sooty exhaust and noisy suspension, its a very good car.
Favorite Features
I enjoy the XM and premium stereo. The GPS on the large screen up high where its easy to see is nice. The gas mileage is excellant and the car is comfortable on long trips. I am 6'3" and have a bad back. Plenty of room for luggage. The car handles very well if you have to drive curvey roads. The shifter is one of the best I've used and the brakes are very good.
Suggested Improvements
The center mounted exhast is very unique, but it gets covered in soot and you can't see it against the black surround. The suspension is boomy in the back as you go over bumps. The GPS has old map information and is useless for finding POI and the ETA is about double what it should be. I consider these problems to be minor.
By gls1
on 01/11/12 13:54 PM (PST)

There is a service bulletin out for the sooty exhast Take it to the dealer and they will flash the computer and the exhast will get better and the car also gains a little more power . Seems that its running too lean