Used 2003 HUMMER H2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Hummer H2 - Consumer Reviews

2003 HUMMER H2

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (134 reviews )

My H2 gave its life for me.
By Blessed

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After kissing my little boy and heading to work, a woman ran a red light going 50-70mph. My Hummer was t-boned on the driver's side and then due to her speed, flipped onto its headlights and upside down on its roof, sliding 20 feet. The jaws of life cut me out of my totaled Hummer. I suffered only minor injuries in an accident that would of killed me in any other vehicle. I was released from the hospital in time to kiss my little boy goodnight. The emergency crew said buying the Hummer was the best decision of my life.

Fun car... at first
By Chris

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Hummer for 3 years. I bought it because my friend let me drive his when it first came out. I fell in love with the comfort and looks. 2 years later my friend was taking an offramp in his H2 and there was a muffler on the road. The H2's inside wheel went over the debris and the Hummer rolled. He was wearing his seatbelt and is not a fast driver, but the roll made him paralyzed. His incident has scared me and I'm now looking for a large safe car like the Volvo S80. Something with a lower center of gravity that is less likely to roll. My H2 was very fun to drive at first, but I grew out of it after a couple months.

Favorite Features

Seats are very comfortable, and looks. It feels very safe but after my friend's incident, I dont think it is.

Suggested Improvements

Use better plastic and make them less likely to roll. Also improve aerodynamics without changing looks to help improve gas mileage.

H2 experence
By m kennedy

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

1 trouble free for over 3 years 2 uses regular fuel which keeps cost of refill down 3 large 32 gal full tank for long distances 4 i would like to have a better downward fuel filling angle to prevent nozzle from falling from car 5 on remote outside mirrors i would like to be able to program them to fold automatically after parking vehicle

Favorite Features

i have a great command of the road while driving this vehicle

Suggested Improvements

see above try to improve 3rd row seating

Awesome
By Bentley

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When the H2 first came on the market, I knew I had to own one. This SUV has not disappointed my expectations. Fun to drive, extremely reliable, and indestructible. A little underpowered, but what do you expect with a 6000 pound "tank?" During winter months, my friends usually designate my H2 as the "designated" vehicle for ski trips, and when offer for them to drive, they never refuse. I get 13 mpg on the highway at 65 mph. I can fit four skiers inside including their skis.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, roomy interior, great visibility

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower

2003 Hummer H2
By Maverick

The best SUV that I have owned to date. Very, very surprised by the truck

Favorite Features

cool design - rugged looks not your typical SUV -