Used 2003 HUMMER H2 Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

2003 HUMMER H2

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (138 reviews )

Good for what it is!
By David

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this '03 H2 as a project vehicle for our contracting company. We are performing a Duramax engine swap. The stock 6.0 V8 gets dismal fuel mileage (5-10 mpg) here in the rocky mountains. The H2 will be used for remote utility work and we wanted an SUV for carrying sensitive equipment into the mountains with a rugged look and feel. Blind spot galore, but has that cool factor and the "get out of my way" look as well.

Rugged exterior looks, off road prowess, wide range of aftermarket support.

Better engine for improved fuel mileage, blind spots galore, poor dash layout

Q's HUMMER
By Robert

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My hummer is a 2003, I bought it on 2004 used with very little mileage, since then I have enjoyed it. Took it off road and getting it dirty, hauling my travel trailer going camping on the mountains of New Mexico. About two years ago I decided stay off the dirt and rough terrain and started to customized it with bigger sound system, 28" rims and tires, chrome, and lots of more extras. (is very clean. Now I'm the envy of the neighborhood, everybody have something to say about my "hummer":)

A big Vehicle that drives as smooth as a luxury or cruiser car. "LOVE IT"

Better construction material for the inside ie.. door panels and dash area. It can be improve to suite the rough use that can get out of it. Suggestion, stay away from parts and products made in Mexico.

love my hummer
By kimberz

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Alot of folks tryed to steer me away from purchasing a used first year production hummer. I ignored it and minus a couple of electrical "bugs" I have had to work out, it is a mechanically strong, reliable vehicle. As usual, GM delivers excellence that lasts for years to come. With a little patience, if you love H2's, they are a "sound" investment. All used vehicles will come with minor issues to be resolved. I have owned mine now for 2 years and have done less dollars in repairs than my tires have costed me. By the way, Cooper STT M/S are a couple hundred dollars more, but worth investing in on an all wheel drive...mine with rotation at oil change have lasted me 50,000 and they look TOUGH!

Some of my fav features are my adjustable rear air shocks(replacement $230 each), heated seats, removable third row jump seat, front and rear towing (front one works great for removable winch), and last but no where near least, my BOSE sound system....IT REALLY WAKES ME UP IN THE MORNINGS!

I really don't have any changes in mind that would not require changing the body design some, which in my opinion would be an absolute sin. I think that the side mirrors are a bit small for safety, windshield could be a little more aero (catches everything), grill difficult to clean w/ brushguard

Love my H2
By Happy Hummer owner

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After owning Expeditions, Tahoes etc. this is by far the best SUV I've purchased! I'm extremely pleased with my Hummer in every way. I added a K&N induction system to improve power, but now the truck is a perfect 10 in my book.. I recommend the lux package with the sunroof and DVDs.

The room and the stability of the H2, not to mention all the options!

A little more cargo space would of been nice, but other than that nothing comes to mind .

My H2 gave its life for me.
By Blessed

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

After kissing my little boy and heading to work, a woman ran a red light going 50-70mph. My Hummer was t-boned on the driver's side and then due to her speed, flipped onto its headlights and upside down on its roof, sliding 20 feet. The jaws of life cut me out of my totaled Hummer. I suffered only minor injuries in an accident that would of killed me in any other vehicle. I was released from the hospital in time to kiss my little boy goodnight. The emergency crew said buying the Hummer was the best decision of my life.