2003 HUMMER H2 - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (134 reviews )
H2 the best
By Dana Gies on 08/06/06 13:09 PM (PDT)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The H2 is a great SUV. The entire H2 is perfect. The mileage is the same as a suburban or truck not worse as we have both. I love the H2.

Hummers are NOT Bummers
By Shejm on 07/10/06 05:47 AM (PDT)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a used 2003 Hummer H2 Lux Pack and have never had such a great vehicle. It is the absolute best to drive. Luxury plus sporty. You can pull up at any fancy valet or go mudding if you prefer. Yes, the gas milage is bad but if you just are driving around town and not commuting the HUMMER is by far better than any SUV out there. I think the H3's are even better than all the soccer vans. Before you say I don't like Hummers drive one...you will be amazed.

Car has inordinate amount of rust
By leone7 on 01/30/06 03:04 AM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Car is rusted underneath the car including brake discs, side steps and even inside where rear seat attaches. I have had the car a little over three years. I do not take it off road. I am older and do not have pets or kids in the car. The air pressure device that helps opens the rear hatch broke and the door fell on my head. The plastic rear handle fell off ($500), the interior plastic panel on the door fell off. Last year the windshield wiper motor froze and not from the weather ($600) I like the car and would get another except for all the rust. They had a hard time putting new brakes on because of it.

fun to own and fun to drive
By larry swanberg on 12/27/05 16:35 PM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

the hummer i bought in 2003 is the same that is offered now, or i would buy a new one.this is the longest i have kept any thing that i bought new.they do need a 6 or 7 speed automatic for everything to get better..thanks

h2hemi
By h2hemi on 12/18/05 20:42 PM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

this vehicle is beyond my expectations on reliability and comfort. it rides like a limo and yet demands respect. i am very happy with my purchase and would do it all over again. the quality and craftsmanship is rugged for the offroad and classy for night on the town. we are pleased and very happy with our h2.

Love my H2!
By Chris on 12/18/05 18:39 PM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

So safe and secure. I can let my wife drive around Miami and not worry about her. Very happy, rain or shine!

h2honey
By mark swineford on 12/17/05 00:24 AM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

strong suv super ext.styling love the added ground clearence a real head turner we have enjoyed ownership of this suv the overall look is what pushed us to buy it over any other suv choices that are out there today

Can't wait to get another one
By SCUnited on 12/06/05 14:52 PM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my H2. Big and safe. I travel with ny family in it (5) all over the place. I love when it snows. It's like a big toy that you can keep adding to since there are many after market accessories. If you can afford the H2 you can afford the gas! Coolest car I've ever owned.

Favorite Vehicle of all Time
By Joyce Khoury on 12/01/05 19:48 PM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have had a wonderful time driving my H2. I don't have to worry about winter driving, as I live in the NE. This vehicle can go through and over almost everything. I have not had any problems with it at all. I feel safer driving my H2 than any other vehicle I have owned, including several SUV's and compact sports cars from two Miata'a to a four Jaguars. It is reliable, and comfortable. The only problem, of course, is the gas milage! I get l2.3 mi to the gal. The worst of any vehicle I have ever owned, with a 12 cylinder Jag. coming in at about the same. I find that other drivers do not tailgate or cut in front of me anymore. And likewise I feel I have become a safer driver. H1 next!!!!

Better by you, Better than me
By Bob on 12/01/05 08:40 AM (PST)

2003 HUMMER H2 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Took it in the mud and tried to get it stuck and couldn't. Nice power and much better handling than Lincoln Navigator. No where near as nice as a luxury vehicle. Hummer is sporty trying to be luxury. Navigator is luxury trying to be sporty. Both failed.