2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ridgeline model:
Misrepresented truck better than most
By rlcondran on 01/10/14 19:30 PM (PST)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I rarely write reviews but while checking on an '06 model at my local dealer I saw a varying degree of good and bad. I believe this truck should be carefully chosen by the perspective buyer in regards to their needs. Mine were simple so this truck was in my opinion a perfect match. I wanted ease of passenger transport with comfort features due to my health issues. This Honda has delivered! I really think Honda missed an opportunity to start a new car segment something like the SUV's only term this one an LUV or TUV(light or transport utility vehicle) cause this is not a true truck I feel. It has missing truck features & then some better ingredients so to me they balance out. Shop carefully.

Follow up-Four years later
By Josh on 09/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

60k miles later and I still love this truck. The only problems I have had in four years is the blower motor for the a/c and the recall for a wiring harness. This truck still drives like the day I bought it. The interior fit and finish is still tight and shows very little signs of wear. We have taken it on a few long trips from SC to NH this year and it has been a joy to drive. Very comfortable. Around town I am averaging 18 mpg. I am still on the original tires and brakes. No more maintenance than basic fluid/filter changes. Excellent value in my opinion.

Not reliable
By Randy Gilligan on 05/25/10 13:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had many issues with the Ridgeline, at 18,000 mile front rotor locked up, 30,000 mile tire pressure monitoring sensor went bad, 80,000 blown engine (supposedly from a loose spark plug) and 90,000 compressor for air conditioning needs replacement (leaking).

Excellent Design
By Tom on 06/28/09 16:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a terrible GM product for my Ridgeline after testing them when my wife was deciding between one and the Pilot. The truck is solid, dependable and sturdy. Plenty of room, plenty of functionality, great handling.

Could use some improvements
By AB Minnesota on 05/15/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has been a good solid vehicle for me. It's handled better in the snow and ice than any other car that I've owned. The interior is spacious and the trunk is a unique touch that I've utilized quite a bit. There are two downfalls that I've experienced with this truck however: gas mileage and road noise. I've experienced dramatic swings in gas mileage once the temperature gets below 30 degrees. I'm not sure why, but my average mpg drops from 20 to 17. I had a mechanic check the tire psi and all of the filters, but it came back inconclusive. Additionally, this is one of the noisiest vehicles that I've owned as well. Once I reach 50 mph or so, the wind and tire noise is too much.

really satisfied
By zack on 10/01/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at Explorer Track and Toyota but the in bed trunk and Honda reliability got me. Priced a little high and designed a little younger than I wanted. I've got 60,000 miles on it and have only had regular service. Put 5200 mile on it on one trip in June this year and it rode great.

Great Vehicle
By jmtip on 06/25/07 16:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is more of a gentleman's truck where the ride and the handling are far superior to the Chevy truck and the Yukon that I had previously. The interior fit and finish are excellent and the brakes are better than most cars. I have pulled trailers and it does this with ease. If you want a heavy duty work truck, this vehicle may not be for you, but if want a great safe everyday driver this is the truck. By the way, my son is 6' 3" and he can ride in comfort in the back seat. I would buy the Ridgeline again.

Best everyday truck ever
By Tom on 06/20/07 22:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This truck does exactly what I need - it carries in the bed stuff I would never want inside a car or SUV but doesn't suffer all the negatives a regular truck would (bad gas mileage, bad ride, etc.) It has plenty of power for everyday driving, as long as you're not trying to race. As for the complaints about gas mileage, if you drive the way you should to conserve gas, you'll get what I get, which is 19-20 mpg every tank, and that is using the AC at all times, driving a mix of highway and surface roads. No one complains about the V6 4x4 Crew Cab Nissan Frontier getting 17 mpg, so why the complaints here?

Owned for over one year
By 19ridgeline42 on 06/01/07 12:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Most reviews are written by new owners. Have had it for one year, longest trip 2000 miles. Very comfortable. Love the truck. Best recommendation I can give is "I would buy another". Gas mileage as expected. Ride excellent. Presently have in excess of 20000 miles. Lots of storage space. Meets my every expectation.

Better than hoped for.
By Whit on 04/17/07 05:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Honda Ridgeline Crew Cab RTS 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We take two fishing trips to Canada each summer.18 foot boat loaded with gear.Back seat full, bed full including 4cu ft freezer. Drives great, only notice load braking and uphill.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.