Used 2010 Honda Odyssey Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Honda Odyssey - Consumer Reviews

2010 Honda Odyssey

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

1st Honda
By KY

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this vehicle about 2 months now and we are very pleased overall. Interior is roomy and seats are very comfortable. Third row seat stows easily and back adjusts for comfort. Getting avg 20 mpg. We narrowed our choice down to the Odyssey and the 2011 Sienna. The Sienna's interior looked cheap and the Odyssey's seats were more comfortable. Ultimately, the Odyssey's seats and seating configuration won.

Comfortable seats and seating configuration. Ease of handling.

Less road noise

Excellent Automobile
By vamsi

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle 3 weeks ago,so far drove 1000 miles,mostly combined driving and MPG around 19to20. It drives like Car, easy to maneuver,i came from car to Minivan, did not feel much difference compared to car. I like driving this van with my 3 month kid,its kid friendly ample space to keep family stuff for travel,daily commute. This van is really fun to drive I chose Honda over Toyota because Honda Scores way over in safety ratings than Toyota Sienna.

Eco switch(6 to 3 cyl vice versa), Space, Power outlet, Power windows, doors, Backup camera.

Premium Audio system, Multiple cigarette lighters, Wide screen LCD at second row, Road Noise Reduction.

Quart of oil every 1,000 miles is OK?!
By Gerry M.

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

At 7,000-8,000 miles, the engine light came on & the car ran so rough my wife was afraid to drive it 1/2 mile to our house. After a tow to the dealer, they can't figure out where the oil is going, but replace the oil and the spark plugs (which are fouled). After several 1,000 mile checks on the oil consumption, I am told today that HONDA USA finds the disappearance of one quart of oil per 1,000 miles to be Acceptable, and there is no repair to be made. But they are researching it and will get back to me. Um, yeah, right. I had a 1987 Honda Civic that gave me over 120,000 miles before it was wrecked by another driver. Quite a letdown to know Honda quality has sunk so low today.

Obviously, it can be used to clean up the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, due to it's ability to make a quart of oil disappear without a trace every 1,000 miles. BP should invest in a fleet of these vehicles.

Fix the oil consumption defect in the vehicle.

Get over it, You NEED a minivan
By kateregis

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a 37 yo mom of 3 and a TOTAL car snob. I've only driven BMW's since I got my license but after 3 kids, knew I needed the minivan. The sliding doors sold me as we have a tight garage and I figured not yelling to the kids to be careful of my husbands car was one less argument to have not to mention the reduction in chances to trap fingers. I Love my car and intend to drive it for the next 10 years, at which point I will go back to my BMW (hopefully a 7-series). For now, it's the way to go.

sliding doors, rear entertainment, nav., removable seat in second row.

the only thing missing is a MP3 jack for my ipod/iphone

Back at Home in an Odyssey
By House of 4

2010 Honda Odyssey EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having had a 2005 Odyssey, followed by a 2007 Odyssey, we decided to try a Ford Expedition EL. While the Expedition was a nice vehicle, it was not as functional as the Odyssey had been. With 4 young children, the Odyssey was hands down the better vehicle for us. We learned by experience that the big SUVs aren't always better. We waited to see photos of the 2011 Odyssey but were not impressed. Since we were familiar with the 2010 Odyssey style and features, we decided to take advantage of the last model year reliability and good incentives. Are we ever excited to be back in our Odyssey! It's an EX-L with RES, dark cherry pearl color. We feel like we are back at home!

Power sliding doors, power lift gate, DVD system, rear window shades, ability to configure rear seating, road handling, and the list goes on.

Honda could stand to work on road noise and should also add AWD.