You get what you expect
By Dexter on
2004 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I sold my Wrangler (which I loved) because of a new long commute to work, and needed economy. Si wasn't my first choice, but only because I hadn't thought of it and was looking into more common cars. What I like about it is that it isn't so common. I've noted it on the street before, and it seems so much nicer-designed than a base Civic. I feel small inside, considering it *looks* small on the outside. To me it is very quiet, smooth, adequately powerful. My beefs are with ergonomics and design. The big silver swath that is the center console is cheap/ugly compared to the nice materials used throughout the rest of the cabin-it looks like an afterthought. Its great overall.
Favorite Features
Reputation for reliability, Exterior Styling (including wheels), Handling, VTEC gives you *some* street cred, Standard 4-wheel disc brakes (why can't all new cars come with that), Cool seats, Most of the interior materials, Interior space is more than it appears, Stereo sound good and plays CDRW
Suggested Improvements
I feel exterior a little too big, Hard to judge corners when parking, Hard to reach seat belt, I'm not a fan of the red lighting at night for gauges but know it's easier on eyes, Buttons on gauge cluster are awkward to get to, cruise control on/off in weird location, center of dash plain fugly!