Used 2004 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2004 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Hybird reality
By Gary Scalzo

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Honda civic hybrid fule fact for my civic is city and highway combined 37mpg. I have driven the car less than 200 miles and probably very close to 50- 50 city vrs. highway miles. It takes a bit of getting use to the hybird technology as the car shuts down at most stops. The Civic is remarkably quiet. also it has a great standard packsage, A.C., cruse control, CD am fm sterio. Some folks may like the lighted dash information stystem that includes a tac, odomitor, battery status and other things. I find it a bit distracting with all the flashing and moving lights. It is a great car for those that have concerned about consumption and enviormental issues.

Favorite Features

Basicly non smog producing Probably 45 highway and 40 in the city remarably quiet. Pleanty of room. I cant get my surfboard in it though. Great warrenty great Financing Avalibal

Suggested Improvements

The dash need work there is to much going on there. the more mpg the better. Surf rack :)

MY REVIEW
By carrie rogers

2004 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new civic, it drives great. Its reliable.Its wonderful thanks!!!!!!!!! great job!!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING BUT THE INTERIOR COLOR,BIEGE

Suggested Improvements

INTERIOR COLORS NEED TO BE DARKER. THE LIGHT COLORS GET DIRTY TOO EASY.

It's a Honda
By texarkanam4m

2004 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is an exceptional automobile. Honda has always been a dependable car. It has great handling and lots of take off power for a four cylinder car. 50000 miles and still not a problem with it at all. remember routine maintaince is important to a long live of the honda.

Favorite Features

the cruise control system is a favorite of mine. i like being able to increase the speed by one touch of the accel button.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the electric lock being placed on the passenger side door as well as the driver door. it is a pain to walk around to unlock the entire car instead of using the passenger side to open all doors.

Mixed Blessing
By Gohybrid

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

HCH is peppy & responsive. CVT is much smoother than regular auto transm. Handles well on curves & highway. Brakes are right there. Actual mileage lower than expected (37-40 mpg, mixed suburban driving). Bumps on steering wheel (@10 & 2 o'clock), plus its thickness & wide ribbing, interfere with hand placement for small-to-average woman's hand. Even with seat cranked up, rear visibility is poor (I'm 5'-5"). Seat is uncomfortable on long trips. Passenger wiper's sweep into driver's visual field has effect of narrowing view & is disturbing; transm. stick's chrome plate reflects sun glare into driver's eyes- a driving hazard. Exterior finish scratches easily.

Favorite Features

Lack of hesitation & resistance when accelerating, compared to regular auto transm. With hard acceleration it may resist some, but then it adjusts and takes off--zoom. Quiet- little engine noise. Relative to conventional cars, gas mileage is superior. Good sound system; quick, intense heat.

Suggested Improvements

Better lumbar support, softer seat; bigger rearview mirror. Improve Auto Stop (to turn engine off again after creeping forward in stopped traffic). Let AC run when AS is on. Improve form, function of steering wheel & wipers. Console wastes space-- more storage within driver's reach.

I love passing gas stations!
By Granola Girl

2004 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

Since I drive 1000+ miles per week for my job, I bought the Hybrid to give my beloved Xterra a break....as well as to improve my gas mileage from 15 to 50 mpg. Though I still love my Nissan, the Hybrid has been everything that I expected and more. In order to keep it at optimum fuel efficiency, I've noticed that I need to check the tire pressure and adjust regularly.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, fit and finish, auto- stop, comfortable ride, flawless shifting.

Suggested Improvements

Availability of a sunroof and fog lamps would be nice.