2003 Honda Civic 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fun and well priced. A

2003 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Fun and well priced. A drivers car.
By mugen00 on

2003 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had the privilidge of driving many cars from Geos to Ferraris and NSXs. The Si is hands down one of the most fun and solid-feeling cars I have driven. It feels like it's on rails. Picked mine up for $16k and would do it all over again if I had to. Its Reliability, fun factor, efficiency, and performance far overshadow its few shortcomings. After having had 4 other Hondas I considered other makes, but few lived up to my 98 Prelude that I was replacing. For anyone looking for a new car I would highly recommend you at least look at this car.

Favorite Features

Seats, steering wheel, suspension, the engine is like silk, and the gear selector feels very natural and close to the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo leaves a little to be desired, but I've heard worse. I wish Honda would bump the redline up just a little. 400rpm more would do it. The wheels are a little small and the Michelins that come from the factory become dreadful in the wet once they reach about 80% wear.