just what I needed
By D Brown on
2001 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)
I love Hondas. I've owned many cars over the years and nothing I've had compares. I got this after my '87 Accord LXi finally died. This one is the right mix of sportiness and practicality for me. I've never been a 4-door guy before, but with two small kids now, it makes sense. Installing their car seats and getting them in and out is a breeze. A five star crash rating, ABS, and good handling are all pactical plusses. The roominess for its class is outstanding. I'm 6'3" and am quite cofortable behind the wheel. The VTEC gives me almost as much power as I'd like and the acceleration is enough for me to pass with confidence.
Favorite Features
roominess, exterior styling (very streamlined, mine has a great window tint job, titanium is a beutiful color), trunk large enough for a sub box with two 10"s and room to spare for other things, moonroof, smooth shifting automatic, visibility...best car in class...period
Suggested Improvements
EX model should have come with alloy wheels as opposed to cheap plastic wheel covers...a few more horses would have been nice...fuel economy good but could be better.