2001 Honda Civic Consumer Review: DRIVE ON

2001 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

DRIVE ON
By NASAGUY on

2001 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Great fuel economy even for a lead foot. I drive 80 mph 195 mile round trip 5-6 days per week. The car has 207,000 miles. Just had second timing belt installed which included water pump, ouch $$$. The first time didn't include water pump. This vehicle still has the original brakes and clutch, so Iíve saved $$$ there. Suspension has been repaired with aftermarket parts, as further adjustment wasn't available to maintain camber. This car loves tires, Michelins have held up the best over firestone and Goodyear, so that's what Iíll put on next. At 6'5" 290 lbs I fit better than any other small car. A center armrest would have made this a luxury car for me.

Favorite Features

Well, this is an economy car. Not a car would have purchased, say, if I only lived 10 miles from work? Ok, reliability, function and fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger suspension for road warriors, hey, isn't that why most people by a small car, long commutes? A center armrest could save me some neck & shoulder problems. The passenger seat is a little too high for an armrest. Better fuel economy can't be too hard. 1970's Datsun got 40mpg, of course 50 hp.