1999 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Good solid car

1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Good solid car
By You know me on

1999 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

We've had to put minimal money into this car, since we bought it. Recently we had a check engine light come on and we found out it has a cracked exhaust manifold. No explanation given for this, but considering Honda's reputation, this is a surprise. Has remarkably kept it's value and this is the first thing other than brakes, exhaust and tires that we've ever had to do to it. Nice drive but not nearly as good as the '93 civic ex we had before it. The '93 we had until it had 193,000 miles on it. This one has 118,000 and I'm tired of it.

Gas mileage... that's about it. It's not all that roomy, not very powerful and not all that fun to drive.

Put better tires on it. We put wider tires on the car and although it is a little noiser, it handles much much better. I little disappointed in the exhaust manifold cracking... I don't think that should happen to a car that is cared for properly and driven normally.