1990 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Love my DX
By HunterXhatch on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Got it earlier this year. I love this little car. I have rebuilt the 1.5L motor and but the B16 head on it so I could wire in VTEC. Have K&N Cool air intake. Love the 5 spd tranny. Repainted the car SI blue and added keyless entry and alarm system. Gets amazing gas mileage, right at 38 highway. Wish that interior had cup holders but thats it. Love the vinyl headliner. Has a a lot of room despite its size. Love how low it sits. It's a real head turner. I would never own anything other than a civic dx hatch again.

Poor man's prius
By netpokerstar on 01/03/10 21:34 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car because I live in California, the state with the highest gas prices in the continental U.S. I would recommend this car for gas mileage only. No appreciable luxury. Dated styling, unless you put a body kit on it. O.K. performance if you are willing to push the motor to the max, which is very unwise if you want an old car to last!

1990 Honda Hatch Civic
By Philup on 12/25/08 17:56 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Ive had my Civic for at least mths and I love it. I have modded it some, far has halo projector headlight, smoked turn signals, fog lights, intake n such. I have maintained it extremely well. I love it, the car is fun to drive, easy to park, the carb will play with ya sometimes far as power but overall the car is wonderful. I will prob keep it long as it runs and then get a small rebuild kit and drive it some more!

Keeps going, and going, and going...
By Honda Happy on 06/28/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Bought a 1990 Civic to save gas. this car has 170,000 miles on it and still runs great! I'm very pleased with the durability. It has survived many years of northern Minnesota weather but continues to run like a new car.

Why can,'t they all be '90 Civics?
By Doug on 06/11/08 19:43 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car from my brother-in-law with 75,000 miles. It has been a great car. In summer I get 40+ mpg although I do mostly highway miles. No gizmos just basic transportation. The mileage is comparable to hybrids but this vehicle was built 18 years ago. I wish Honda would offer an updated version of the '90 Civic with simplicity, convenience, and quality in mind. This is probably the best car I ever owned.

My beater
By knemt on 06/04/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car for 6 yrs now. Still running strong. I have replaced many part on it my self. The clutch was the hardest thing to do. Other then that afew things here and there and mostly for under $100. I have stripped the car inside and out many times. I love this car. I get around 32-38 mpg but thats after taking the ac and dash out. Next will be turning it in to a mini truck. Hope to get even better mpg. All in all a great little car. Easy to work on.

You can't complain with 267,000 miles
By ShanaRlene on 04/24/08 13:56 PM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I had this car as a gift from my Uncle. He had been using this to drive to work 120 miles a day until I had it 10 years ago where I drove 110 miles a day. Never had any major problems. Engine is phenomenal - never been repaired since we got it. On top of that, the engine still sounds like brand new, very quiet. Only bad experience with this car was when I had to push it from a freeway to an exit for a gas, it was my fault though - I ran out of gas. However, at an average of 38 miles per gallon with today's gas prices - you'll definitely will try looking for this COLLECTIBLE piece of treasure. I love this car!

Over 400,00k and still kicking strong
By veazeyr on 09/13/07 11:52 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This is my 3rd civic this generation and I have to tell you they are one of the best Honda's come out with. The body and paint are in excellent shape, nothing's wrong with it, pass smog all day long. You can beat the hell out of them and they still keep coming back for some more miles.

Loved it !
By UDriveWhat on 05/02/07 11:18 AM (PDT)

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I loved the 90 hatchback that I had. Unfortunately had to sell it in order to make room for the 90 accord I am getting. Something about those old hondas really appeals to me.

Great car
By MIKE on 12/31/06 12:38 PM (PST)

1990 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

My car is great it has had a few problems but nothing i couldn't fix myself and for only 5 or ten bucks the car had 200k miles on it when i got now its up to 213k and still running strong it has the original motor in it everything but the seat belts are original its a great car to drive and is very fun