Used 1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:

good, cute, reliable little baby car
By louie almeida

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

At its first sight on our city road, i've said to my self, someday i wanna own this car cause i was then new here in the country and still coping with the environment. once i got employed i immediately searched and bought this car. and no regret, i love it. almost maintenance free if not low cost to maintain. i love the gas mileage consumption. i love the style, the practicality to use, and plan to keep it for so long till it becomes rare and antique/vintage or becomes collector's item. so for those out there who owns one, try to keep and maintain it and you'll be delighted.

style, gas mileage, reliability, interior design, and the rear window roll down function. it's unique

i wish Honda would re-introduce the model again and i wish they make a rear wheel drive or rear axle drive so that it would be fun to drip

I love my Del Sol, I'll never sell it!
By penny

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

It's been almost 15 years since I purchased my '94 samba green si and I've racked up 209,000 miles. Three cross country drives from TN to CA, countless drives between MI to FL and it has been my only vehicle for commuting. I've followed Honda's recommendations for service and have never had any major issues. Nowadays I'm living in Ohio and admit that it doesn't handle especially well in snow over 6 inches, but the front wheel drive helps. The paint held up great and it looks pretty shiny and new still. It's a pleasure to drive on curvy roads and I really enjoy the smiles the little kids give me. It's a great conversation piece.

The power back window is used on a regular basis to vent fresh air. I love the room in the trunk. Most people are surprised at the space. Most new cars today are half the space. The gas mileage has really been a savior on my wallet when the price of gas rises.

Improve the cup holders, add a little more power and please please please bring back the Honda Del Sol.

you should buy a Del Sol
By heather

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a fuel saver. It was my first car, I could trust it to get me anywhere safely. I have owned it for over 10 years and it still runs great. My only concern is the size. No one can see it. We get tons of compliments on it.

The Honda Del Sol is very sporty. The engine is remarkable. The gas mileage is outstanding. Very minimum upkeep. We love the hard top convertible.

It leaks when it rains from the hard top convertible.

Fun while it lasted
By D-Bizzle

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I've had 2 Del Sols so far. This was my second one after the first was in a flood. This car did not even have 100k on it when we had to replace the headgasket, then it overheated again. It was the radiator, $1500 in repairs. Now this car is totalled too because my boyfriend decided to run it into a concrete wall on the highway. I miss the ride, the functionality of the top, the wind in my hair, the gas mileage. But all the Del Sols I get are ripped away from me! Why oh why?

I loved the hard top, no replacing it, not one can get in. I love the back window. Why is Honda sooo smart?

Put something like this car back on the market Honda! There are no hard topped convertibles out there like this one! Oh, can the cup holders. I went to walmart to get the ones that go in between your seat, much more functional.

Honda del Sol rocks
By Alli

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

If I had a dime for every person that offered to buy my car, I could buy another del Sol. I don't plan to get rid of this car ever!

Handling, gas mileage, looks, convertability.

A trunk latch button inside the car. Larger glove compartment that locks.