1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic del Sol model:
good, cute, reliable little baby car
By louie almeida on 08/21/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

At its first sight on our city road, i've said to my self, someday i wanna own this car cause i was then new here in the country and still coping with the environment. once i got employed i immediately searched and bought this car. and no regret, i love it. almost maintenance free if not low cost to maintain. i love the gas mileage consumption. i love the style, the practicality to use, and plan to keep it for so long till it becomes rare and antique/vintage or becomes collector's item. so for those out there who owns one, try to keep and maintain it and you'll be delighted.

I love my Del Sol, I'll never sell it!
By penny on 08/03/09 17:40 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

It's been almost 15 years since I purchased my '94 samba green si and I've racked up 209,000 miles. Three cross country drives from TN to CA, countless drives between MI to FL and it has been my only vehicle for commuting. I've followed Honda's recommendations for service and have never had any major issues. Nowadays I'm living in Ohio and admit that it doesn't handle especially well in snow over 6 inches, but the front wheel drive helps. The paint held up great and it looks pretty shiny and new still. It's a pleasure to drive on curvy roads and I really enjoy the smiles the little kids give me. It's a great conversation piece.

you should buy a Del Sol
By heather on 12/31/07 15:07 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as a fuel saver. It was my first car, I could trust it to get me anywhere safely. I have owned it for over 10 years and it still runs great. My only concern is the size. No one can see it. We get tons of compliments on it.

Fun while it lasted
By D-Bizzle on 06/07/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I've had 2 Del Sols so far. This was my second one after the first was in a flood. This car did not even have 100k on it when we had to replace the headgasket, then it overheated again. It was the radiator, $1500 in repairs. Now this car is totalled too because my boyfriend decided to run it into a concrete wall on the highway. I miss the ride, the functionality of the top, the wind in my hair, the gas mileage. But all the Del Sols I get are ripped away from me! Why oh why?

Honda del Sol rocks
By Alli on 07/20/06 12:37 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

If I had a dime for every person that offered to buy my car, I could buy another del Sol. I don't plan to get rid of this car ever!

215,000 Miles Strong
By Sherri Gerlach on 07/12/06 21:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my Del Sol SI and drove it about 30,000 miles the first year. It's just so much fun, top on or off. It really loves the higher RPMs. For the performance it gives, the low emissions and high gas mileage (32mpg) are fantastic. It's been extremely dependable, and to keep it that way I feed it good quality regular gasoline and keep up on service. While it is a little car, it's got a huge trunk. I've taken it camping several times on back country & mountain trips. It's the perfect commuter car (in lieu of a hybrid). A little secret that it took me 8 years to discover is that many carwashes will give a discount on washes and waxes due to the car's small size.

Fun in the sun
By Matt on 04/03/06 16:20 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Awesome, fun little car. Lots of attention with the top off, no penalty in the winter for having a fabric roof. Extremely manuverable; reliable - provided you do regular maintanance. Quick for the limited amount of power; you can get insane gas mileage if you behave yourself - with the 1.5 motor I get about 36 city / 42 highway. On a 500 mile trip at a constant 70, I managed to get 52 mpg - but that was without any real traffic on a nice day. Those who complain about their roof leaking must have been in an accident, or the previous owner had.

if u find 1 get it
By greendelli on 02/09/06 21:22 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I have had my del sol s standard no power sterering 4 about 4 weeks and i love it. I have spend about $500 by giving it a fuel system cleaning and buying clips to fix the trunk leak. Other than that i have spend nothing unnecessary.

lovin the sol
By Meetle on 02/08/06 11:29 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

This is a fun car that has a lot to offer. It is small, but i still manage to fit all of my junk in it. I have had many compliments on it and many stares because it is so darn green. I mean, you can see me from a mile away. The best part though is hearing people guess how old it is. It is a 94, but no one knows unless i tell them!

Keeper
By babigurl on 01/09/06 17:01 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic del Sol Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I just bought this car and i'm in love with it. It handles wonderfully on the turns and has plenty of power. if you have a chance to buy one do it!