Used 1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Civic-crx - Consumer Reviews

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:

Most Helpful|
The Original Pocket Rocket!!!
By jDUB

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback Si 2dr Coupe

This was my first car. It had great performance and great gas mileage. One of the top 5 Honda's ever built.

Favorite Features

There is just something about having only 2 seats. I loved the rear hatch.

Suggested Improvements

It would have been nice to have had the 1.6 DOHC motor that my 99 Si had.

Japanese Racing Pod... :)
By sweet4suzuka

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 90 CRX Si new in Feb of 90 and I have never regretted it. I have thought about purchasing a newer car but because it's such a reliable car and runs beautifully, it's hard to justify needing another vehicle, new or otherwise. And it looks good, especially in red with the black trim. After waxing, it looks like a shiny lady bug. The engine has 265,000 miles and is as smooth and quiet as ever. Regular valve adjustment are a good way to maintain this. But it's a very well built car - built to last. I have saved THOUSANDS because I bought this car and not the Ford Escort GT I was also considering-don't ask me why. Honda is an Engine company that happens to build cars...

Favorite Features

Smooth engine, Gearbox like butter, Good low slung supportive seats, Excellent driving position and visibility

Suggested Improvements

Better sunroof design. Passive restraint belt-bad idea.

Great Little Car For The Money
By Civic Rocks

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

The reliabilty of this car has stood out to me the most. I have had so many little problems with it, and its made it out of them jsut fine. It currently has 220,000 miles. It still runs strong. It's very fast, and gets great fuel economy. Easy to shift, and get parts for. It's cheap to fix, and cheap to fill up. Car has overheated a few times, and once overheated on my way to detroit. A 4 hour trip for me. I got about an hour away from home, and it shot up to H, and I still kept driving the 3 other hours. Made it there, and back without any hesitations. But I did do 110, on the way home, and it did start to rattle, so when I got home, it went in the paper. Sold for $800 in the first week.

Favorite Features

The small, yet fast engine.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior Durability,

Porsche japones
By yoshixd

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback Si 2dr Coupe

No es my primer auto pero este auto cumplio mis expectativas ampliamente .la verdad nada mal para un motor 1.6 pequeño q produce una potencia conciderablemente alta :D

Favorite Features

el manejo lo es todo... es muy divertido, agil, respuesta rapida y como si fuera poco el consumo de gasolina

Suggested Improvements

nada

old blue
By old blue

1990 Honda Civic CRX Hatchback 2dr Coupe

This car is known as old reliable. This car only require oil and gas. It avg about 36 mpg that is better than most vehicles today.

Favorite Features

Car is very small can get into tight places. This car is very small but has a lot of leg room, very fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

A little loud on the hwy, the only other bad thing is that honda has not made a new one.