Used 2011 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Better than expected
By rich_c4

2011 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven this car nearly 7k miles so far and it has been great! very stable on the highway and easy to get around town. Long road trips are easy and the interior is just the right amount of form and funtion.

Solid handling in all kinds of conditions. I use the sun roof all the time so that's a favorite and the drivers seat has lots of possible positions for great comfort. Also really like the automatic headlights.

My model does not have a power passenger seat or heated seats at all but does have heated mirrors... Where I live it would have been nice to have an option for heated and cooled seats.

Not Impressed
By thinktwice

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have an EX-L 2011 Sedan that is far from impressive.
The road noise on the highway is horrible.
It sounds as though the windows are not up all the way. The seats are very uncomfortable as well.

I had an 09 TL that I traded for the Accord thinking that the fuel economy would be worth what I was giving up.
Well, other than the cost of regular gas vs premium, I'm not saving enough to compensate for what I'm missing.
Honda needs to step-up.
Although the leather is nice, the dash and console area are very cheap looking plastic.
Almost embarrassing.
I wish I thought longer before this purchase.

Love my 2011 EX-L
By leesmart

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my new Honda EX-L after researching the Infiniti G, Nissan Altima and Hyundai Sonata. Passed on the Infiniti due to cost and premium fuel. Was moving from my
2000 Nissan Maxima which I was disappointed with due to minor things like the sun glasses holder and arm rest breaking and other parts failing. Liked the look of the Sonata but unsure of reliability and resale value. Test drove the Accord and fell in love. The ride is great. Not sure why people are complaining about the seats. With the many seat settings I was able to find one that works perfect for me. The interior gives the feeling of riding in a high priced European car.
Pros: Handling, regular gas
Cons: No home link.

Power seat. Dual climate, rear ac vents, Bluetooth, MP3 option. regular gas

Add Home link garage opener to this model.

Beware of A/C
By bob1991

2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A/C failed at about 5000 miles. took to dealership and they said a stone punctured the condenser. also that this is a common problem which costs about a 1000 dollars to fix. None of the other cars I own have any problems of this kind. This will be my last Honda, why bother getting a trouble prone car when you can get a Toyota or any brand which is not purposefully engineered to make money off repairs.

Comfortable enough, but My 08 Camry is quieter, more comfortable and smoother ride and less expensive

Better design to prevent A/C failure. Make the cabin quieter and better cushioned seats.

Uncomfortable seat!
By norberte

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Accord.
I have it for about a month. I did not notice the seat issue with the short test drive. I like everything else about the car. However, I found myself still searching for a comfortable adjustment for the seat after almost a month of driving it.
It is so hard and uncomfortable comparing to my Chrysler LHS's nice soft cushy seat.
It seems that the adjustment range of the 10 way power seat in the Accord is too limited.
The front of the seat is tilted up too high, even at its lowest setting, pinching on the back of my thigh.
It feel like I am seating in a folding chair that is about to fold up on me.
My bottom and legs feel numb after driving for about half an hour!

I like the USB interface, that makes the built-in 6 disc changer obsolete. An inexpensive couple of gigabyte USB flash drive can store tons of audio material. The bluetooth phone interface is certainly a nice feature to have.

Certainly the seats should be redesigned. Also the front passenger seat has only a 4 way adjustment, forward/backward and the seat back angle, less than what I am used to with my other cars in the family.