Used 2011 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Love my 2011 EX-L
By leesmart

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my new Honda EX-L after researching the Infiniti G, Nissan Altima and Hyundai Sonata. Passed on the Infiniti due to cost and premium fuel. Was moving from my 2000 Nissan Maxima which I was disappointed with due to minor things like the sun glasses holder and arm rest breaking and other parts failing. Liked the look of the Sonata but unsure of reliability and resale value. Test drove the Accord and fell in love. The ride is great. Not sure why people are complaining about the seats. With the many seat settings I was able to find one that works perfect for me. The interior gives the feeling of riding in a high priced European car. Pros: Handling, regular gas Cons: No home link.

Power seat. Dual climate, rear ac vents, Bluetooth, MP3 option. regular gas

Add Home link garage opener to this model.

Beware of A/C
By bob1991

2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

A/C failed at about 5000 miles. took to dealership and they said a stone punctured the condenser. also that this is a common problem which costs about a 1000 dollars to fix. None of the other cars I own have any problems of this kind. This will be my last Honda, why bother getting a trouble prone car when you can get a Toyota or any brand which is not purposefully engineered to make money off repairs.

Comfortable enough, but My 08 Camry is quieter, more comfortable and smoother ride and less expensive

Better design to prevent A/C failure. Make the cabin quieter and better cushioned seats.

Uncomfortable seat!
By norberte

2011 Honda Accord EX-L 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Accord. I have it for about a month. I did not notice the seat issue with the short test drive. I like everything else about the car. However, I found myself still searching for a comfortable adjustment for the seat after almost a month of driving it. It is so hard and uncomfortable comparing to my Chrysler LHS's nice soft cushy seat. It seems that the adjustment range of the 10 way power seat in the Accord is too limited. The front of the seat is tilted up too high, even at its lowest setting, pinching on the back of my thigh. It feel like I am seating in a folding chair that is about to fold up on me. My bottom and legs feel numb after driving for about half an hour!

I like the USB interface, that makes the built-in 6 disc changer obsolete. An inexpensive couple of gigabyte USB flash drive can store tons of audio material. The bluetooth phone interface is certainly a nice feature to have.

Certainly the seats should be redesigned. Also the front passenger seat has only a 4 way adjustment, forward/backward and the seat back angle, less than what I am used to with my other cars in the family.

Very Impressed
By peter777

2011 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well this is my first ever car in US. But I have been driving another 2001 Honda Accord in our family for 3 years. Before buying my own 2011 Honda Accord I test drove the competition- Toyota Camry and Nissan Altima. Both were good at their own places. But when I test drove Honda Accord, I made my mind right away and bought it. What impressed me was the interior spaciousness, and the exterior style. I knew other stuff like the rock solid reliability of Accords and the less desirable traits like road noise they have. But overall package appealed me. The car's seats are really comfortable, road noise is less than 2001 Accord. Acceleration, handling, and breaking are nice for SANE driving.

Interior spaciousness specially the head room and the rear seat leg room. Exterior styling details, look at the door handles (how sculptured they are) and the exterior (again stylish)mirrors which are rather plain looking on the competition. Road noise is much improved. Controls for the stereo and AC etc. are well within your reach always. Interior materials are also awesome.

None for now, but I wish if I could have the USB hook up function on the stereo.

08 Accord Coupe
By acc33

2011 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am reviewing a 2008 Honda Accord Coupe v6-L that I recently traded in at the end of my lease. I dont think a whole lot with the car has changed in the past few years and I wanted to share my experience with the car. For me this car is better on the highways than on city streets. The suspension is rigid and you feel a lot of the bumps associated with city driving. The car is long and wide so it's not nimble on narrow streets. However, it is very smooth on the highways. Corners great and really grips the road. Acceleration is awesome. Accord steering is the best out there and you feel "in touch" with the road. The car does not do well in the snow. Interior road noise significant.

Steering. Interior/exterior styling. Stock wheels look great. Driver/front passenger seats are pretty comfy and keep you in place. Dash looks great and its very easy to reach all the buttons and dials. Good storage space.

The worst thing about Accords is the interior road noise. Honda really needs to improve the sound dampening. It makes longer drives tough.

• SUV