2008 Honda Accord Consumer Review: A car that exceeds expectation

2008 Honda Accord Coupe - Consumer Review

A car that exceeds expectations....
By Morphie on

2008 Honda Accord EX-L 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the Coupe for my daughter (graduating from a Civic); My intention was to get a reliable, attractive vehicle that she would like and that my wife and I might occasionally use. What I did not expect was to start to covet the Accord. It is one of the few cars we have had that turns heads (red, black interior). Its build quality is at least equal to our last three Audi's (A6's, avant=wagon) and superior to our Subaru Outback. Because of fuel prices, I elected to get the 4; it is excellent. 190 hp and superior gas mileage. With the exception of a minor paint issue, the quality control, both aesthetic and mechanical, is first rate. Honda is a world class engineering company.

Styling; fit and finish; engine; transmission (very well matched to the power plant); superior sound system; fuel mileage. It is the first vehicle I have bought that may be worth more than I paid.

Redesign the oil dip stick; it is hard to use. (If this is the only negative, it must be one fine vehicle).