1st Time Honda Buyer So Far, So Good
By DammitJim on
2008 Honda Accord EX-L V-6 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I had been in GM truck leases for over 7 years, and was coming to the end of my 2005 Z71 Tahoe lease. Although I loved the Tahoe, I cringed every time I filled it up. I test drove the 2008 EX-L V6 coupe and love the handling and looks of the car, and entered into a 3- yr lease deal. So far, I am a definite fan, though I feel there areas that can be improved. Fuel economy is excellent on the highway, about 26-28 mph. Combined driving is in the low 20s. The VCM definitely helps the mileage - it was very noticeable when it activated in the beginning, but is barely detectable now, except for the dash indicator. At highway speeds, the interior remains quiet, with little to no wind or road noise.
Favorite Features
Exterior looks on red coupe, ride, handling. Excellent traction and handling in snow. Fuel economy is impressive for a 270 HP vehicle, and I have a heavy foot on the gas.
Suggested Improvements
HID headlamps, sport shift, memory seats, T/S in mirror, detailed trip computer. Better diagnostics from TPMS - which tire has problem, actual pressure, etc. TPMS sends frequent false alerts in cold weather - with temps in the 20s, light will definitely come on. I plan to return to dealer for this.