Used 2003 Honda Accord Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

I love my Honda
By Marco Gonzales

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2003 Accord LX is as good as it was when I bought it in 2003. With 267,844 miles it still runs like the day I bought it. Of course I kept the maintenance and changed the timing belt and water pump every 60K miles. I will be buying 2016 Accord in April.

225,000 miles and still a beast
By Lilbit Libra

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am writing this review because I have owned my Honda accord since 2003. I have done very little repairs over the 10+ years. Only replaced an O2 sensor. Its has been a godsend. Only had transmission problem because McGee tire put junk fluid. As soon as I put Honda trans fluid back in, zero problems. My car just hit 225,000 and just had to give her front end brakes, rotors, bearings, tie rods. All general maintenance. This car will last forever.Its death due us part so look for my 500k update.

Welcome to Lowered Expectations
By James M. Krupski

2003 Honda Accord Sedan LX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First of all I am not sure if my car is an LX or EX or what...it just has a V6 emblem on the right side of the back surface. I know it is a V6 with 4 doors, electric leather heated seats, 6 CD in dash CD changer and an electric moon roof...no navigation system. At first glance my car looked very nice when I bought it several years ago. Its sporty look, accessories and power captured my attention. The asking price seemed a little high at the used car dealer. But I relied on Honda's reputation for making solid, reliable vehicles to consider it worth the price. But, just in case, I scoured the internet for feedback from existing owners and mechanics with hardly a peep. I even checked Consumer's Digest and they gave it a great rating even after the transmissions had been recalled (They neglected to mention the recall in the review). Now, several years and several thousand dollars above the purchase price in repairs later, I have a piece of junk that keeps breaking in expensive ways. I have replaced the transmission, central computer module, power steering pump, air conditioning compressor, brakes (discs and all twice) and the electric window motor in the driver's door. I used to wash and wax the car on a regular basis. But then the clear-coat started coming off of the paint job and rust started appearing along the tire wells, leading edge of the trunk lid and the leading edge of the hood. Now one can simply look online and see web site after web site speaking volumes about how poorly these were made. It's true...you don't get a second chance to make a good first impression. As far as I am concerned now Honda is without honor for creating such a horrible vehicle and for not taking responsibility for it's poor craftsmanship when so many problems surfaced on such a large scale. This is simply not worth the scrap metal and plastic it was made with. I am stuck with it since I cannot afford to risk getting another used vehicle that may be a money pit as well and I certainly can't afford a brand new vehicle since I am now a disabled cancer survivor living on SSI. I guess it just sucks to be me and Honda doesn't have to take any responsibility for the mess they have created. *sigh*

Great car but transmission problem
By Ankit Patel

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX V-6 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car, when i bought it did not know there is transmission issue going on with this car. I bought it used and i drove only 105k and transmission failed. other maintenance is cheap and reliable.

pretty nice
By stewart

2003 Honda Accord Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this accord used from a trade in with 220,000 miles. Right now I have 229,000 miles. No major issues. Took it from ohio to florida bo problem. Scariest complaint I have seen is about excessive oil consumption. From my research it seems to happen when oil changes are not done and the oil gets dirty. When that happens your timing chain which relies upon oil pressure can jump/ get stretched. Get your oil changed every 3000 miles. I dont lose any oil and this car to get to 220k miles must have been changed like clockwork. Also the automatic seems to have tranny problems.. I have a 5 speed manual and I seen hardly any complaints. Buying used make sure the car is clean.. If someone took good care of the interior and outside, then they probably took care of it mechanically too. Also when i bought mine the oil was just due for the 3000 change.. And the small dealership didn't change the oil prior to me buying. This let me see the level of the oil, and how dirty it was after 3000 miles.. To which the oil looked good. So i bought it and had it changed first thing. I expected with that many miles to not get the window sticker epa mileage.. But in fact i get 29 combined city and highway. Taking it to florida a tank seemed to get a max of about 520 miles. Take care of your Honda if you want it to last!

• SUV