2001 Honda Accord 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Ageless reliability

2001 Honda Accord Sedan - Consumer Review

Ageless reliability
By Todd S on

2001 Honda Accord EX V-6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I passed up a high-end European car in 2001 on rumours of electrical problems. I'm at 65,000 miles and 2 accidents (not my fault) and the Accord is faultless. I haven't had even one issue, one rattle - nothing. (The dealer gets kudos for the quick faultless repairs after the accidents.) The TCS has proven helpful in ice, although better tires have proven a better solution in that area. Back seat fits a newborn carseat very well and the easy entry makes it easy for Dad to climb out after installing the carseat. After 5 years - I'm really digging for an excuse to get the 2005. But I can't come up with one. My car runs as well as the day I bought it. Go to Koons!

Favorite Features

Reliable, reliable, reliable. Interior is comfortable, tight and well proportioned. Buttons make sense.

Suggested Improvements

Change falls out of center console when the top is lifted. Center air vents could point a bit higher - I have to turn them to one side to get the air out of my eyes on a hot day.