Overpriced, but a good car.
By JohnR on
1995 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan
I have had this Accord for a while now, and while being frugal and easy (though rarely fun) to drive, these cars are most certainly overpriced for what you get. A similarly equipped Ford Taurus has a V6 engine and costs about 1/2 as much at this age. My previous car was a 1993 Taurus that was still (barely) running after a very rough 290,000 miles. I have no doubt that the Accord will make it to those miles, but repairs cost more, the car costs more, etc. The Taurus was more roomy and more comfortable, and better suited to the long-haul drives I frequently subject my cars to. However, the Accord is about 100 times better than my other car, a 1999 Saturn SL.
Favorite Features
Handsome interior, frugal (yet weak) 4cyl engine, well-built interior (miles and miles above my '99 Saturn).
Suggested Improvements
A price thats more in line with what you get: A decent 4-door plain-Jane looking mid-sizer that gets good gas mileage. Just about any other name on the hood would translates into a $1500 drop in the price. 15" alloys should be standard on the up-market LX. Even my fairly-basic Taurus GL had them.