Used 1994 GMC Yukon SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Gmc Yukon - Consumer Reviews

1994 GMC Yukon SUV

View reviews for a specific Yukon model:

425,000 miles and still going
By merlindriver

1994 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought it used 14 years ago with 38k miles on it. It now has 425,000 and is still going strong. The 6.5 Turbo Diesel is original and has never been opened, the transmission was rebuilt at 265k miles. Other than that it has just needed the normal wear out items replaced (brakes, shocks, batteries, etc.). I have driven this truck all over the US and Mexico, in all forms of weather, and it has never left me stranded. It's also pretty good on gas (er..diesel), i usually get 20-22 on the highway at 75, which I think is great considering it's size and it being 4wd. Why doesn't GM make these anymore?

356,000 kms and still going
By canucksfan86

1994 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 2dr SUV 4WD

I just took my truck down to California and back from Vancouver, BC. No worries on the trip, as this is by far the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Still on the original engine and original transmission, body is in excellent shape (with the exception of a little bit of rust on the tail gate). I would never get rid of it! It even pulls my 29' Sea Ray (10,000 lbs) from my house to the marina and back (a total of 10 kms) with no problem. It's done the trek for 9 years now, and has never had a problem.

Favorite Features

My exhaust has been a great addition to the truck, as it sounds better than ever. However, that is as far as I'll go to tricking it out - living in Canada, rims and tires may look good, but don't do much in the snow.

Suggested Improvements

Moves like crazy in the wind. Obviously it's not the most aerodynamic vehicle, but if it were just slightly more curved, it would provide for a better ride. Other than that, it's all good!

Why doesn't GMC make a Yukon 2dr
By Mike Porter

1994 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a great vehicle. I have kept it for 13 years and it still looks and drive great. Its easy to get around and park and fits in my garage. The 4dr Yukobeasts GMC sells now are not nearly as much fun, useful or good looking. This is a vehicle I love to head out in on Saturday doing my errands. Not for soccer moms on a cell phone. This is a guy's truck.

Favorite Features

4WD, height off the road, maneuverability

Suggested Improvements

Start building them again

A truck you don't want to get rid of
By Gmcwayoflife

1994 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a 1994 Yukon GT and it's been in the family for about 10 years now. My mom used to drive it and now I drive it. It has 228,000 miles on it. I've used Mobil 1 the whole time through tough towing offroading and burnouts and yet it still runs like new. Not once has this vehicle ever broken down on us and left us stranded. It's an amazing truck. Powerful, well built, reliable. It's very safe in all weather conditions especially snow. It might not be the best on gas but there's just something about these trucks that all owners love. This truck will be in my family for the rest of my life. It's getting restored as soon as I'm done with school.

Favorite Features

Spaciousness. Sporty ride with Bilstein shocks. Monstrous torque. Reliability. Parts barely ever go bad. As long as it's maintained it will last a very long time. Rugged design. Great traction in mud and snow. Durability against jumping it and offroading.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing this could use would be more power and if it was a 5 speed I'd be very very happy.

Great SUV..never lets me down.
By CFIMuddog

1994 GMC Yukon SUV SLE 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought my Yukon used in 97 with 35,000 miles on it. As of today it has just over 238,000 miles on it. I can honestly say it drives like the day I bought it. Great on and off the road. It will carry anything and is just as content blazing down the highway at 80mph as it is in the mud. I have replaced the usual wear out items but the engine and transmission are original are running great. It has all the power and torque I need and still gets 20 mpg on the highway. The highway ride is solid and comfortable and it will pull anything. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a do- it-all SUV that can carry 4 in quiet comfort.

Favorite Features

Great engine and drivetrain. Outstanding reliability. Quiet and comfortable interior. Beautiful exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Ya...start building them again and don't change a thing.