2014 GMC Acadia Consumer Review: Pleasure Ride

2014 GMC Acadia - Consumer Review

SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Pleasure Ride
By drivetrain1 on

2014 GMC Acadia SLT-2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Only have had my new Acadia for less than a month but have thoroughly enjoyed the ride! Smooth ride but wish it would come in rear wheel drive instead of front wheel drive. The jury is still out on the mileage however I only have less that 1,000 miles on it but for city driving I am averaging about 16-17 mpg. Exterior design is better than the ugly Terrain. Why can't whitewall tires be an option? It really adds some style. Black wall tires tend to make vehicle look bland and cheap. The same is true about pin striping. I added pin striping and WOW what a difference. I remember when cars came with pin striping and whitewalls.

Favorite Features

Great interior design. GM finally designed the dash/air outlets like they should be-large vents that are pointed straight out instead of every other direction. Luv the auto climate control. Driver's side gets plenty of air flow-unlike that of my previous 2012 Chevy Equinox where the steering wheel blocked the air flow. Handsome instrumentation/dash cluster and is very classy at night when it is lighted up with the ambient lighting. My Acadia is the SLT2 and has second-row captains chair which makes it very easy to access the third row. HUGE CARGO AREA when seats are folded down. The remote rear cargo hatch has come in useful many times already. The dual sun/moon roof design is good.

Suggested Improvements

Rear a/c seems to take a bit longer to cool. Took it in for service & was working to specs. Was told the heat exchanger for the rear a/c is a bit smaller than the front however with the air from front outlets helps with overall cooling down of cabin. Texas heat can be fierce! Second row seating a bit low but comfy. Put gear shift back on the column!! Too much storage space wasted from middle console. Don't know why all the auto makers are doing this! My knuckles tend to knock my drink on console when I shift.
By snflwrgrl83
on 07/18/14 06:31 AM (PDT)

Can you share a picture of your vehicle with pin striping.