One Year Update
By Woodbyrne on
2002 Ford Windstar Limited 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
It has been a year since we bought this minivan. Overall we love its functionality. The one minor problem is the back seat. We knew it didn't fold flat when we got it but it would be nice if it did. Getting it out is not that hard but it is very heavy. I can do it alone but it's a good workout. So far there have been no problems at all. The kids love it and so does my wife. Now that gas is $3 per gallon and rising, wish it had better fuel economy. No minivan is really fuel efficient but this thing is a pig. We average 16mpg with mostly local stop-and-go driving. We are seriously considering trading it in for a more efficient wagon but it has been so reliable we can't.
Favorite Features
Black and chrome, baby! Kids love the entertainment center. Tons of room. A great family hauler. Two adults fit comfortable in the 3rd row. Good in the snow and bad weather with all of the safety features. A great cruiser.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy is atrocious but still better than an SUV of equal size. You have to make sure your kids don't play around and have the power doors close on them. I stood in the way of the door to see how much force is needed before they open and the door basically moved me (235 pounds).