Used 1995 Ford Windstar Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Just say No
By iounothing

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

I should have known I'd be in for trouble when I went to the Ford dealership and they were bragging that they had the busiest service dept. in town. Despite needing repairs throughout each year, it always needed several repairs to pass inspection - numerous tie rods, brakes replaced several times, "check engine" light comes and stays on every time it is driven over 50 miles on the highway due to something else giving way. Now when I go to the dealership for yet another repair, the sales staff look desperate for a sale.

5 star crash rating; It's so lousy I don't care if the kids spill juice or grind gum into the carpet.

This is the last year for the Windstar. Good riddance. Ford may copy features from Honda and Chrysler, but "quality is job one" is a thing of the past.

Quality is NOT Job 1
By MountainMan

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

After months of research, sold after 8 yrs(intended to keep much longer) and got a Honda Odyssey. US made engines look like 90yr old cardiac arrest patients on life support. Honda's is more like art work. We never expierenced the head gasket problem but after the research felt the odds were to great(esp if used for vactions/long trips). We were having trans problems. When it comes to head gasket&trans reliability, I'd say it's not a matter of if they develop, but when. I feel Ford cut corners to save a few bucks that end up costing consumers hunderds, even thousands. After owning 4 Fords, I suspect it extremely unlikely that I will ever own another.

Comfortable seating. Very good crash results(safe).

Make quality job 1.

Worst car ever purchased
By KBadcar

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan (1995.5)

Bought this car used in early 1997 with 38,000 miles on it. Had no idea what I was in for. By 68,000 (only 30,000 put on by me) I had replaced the computer, the head gasket and the transmission. By 72,000 miles, the transmission was gone again and the AC was blowing anti freeze into the car.

This was an extremely comfortable vehicle to drive. If you had to drive a mini van this was the one. Unfortunately, this was a completely unreliable piece of bad production that Ford would not stand behind.

This vehicle is garbage. There are too many factory defects to mention. Do not buy a 1993 to 1997 Ford or Mercury (ie. Windstar, Taurus, Sable, these vehicles are all the same product). They are all factory defective!!!

Crappy Ford Windstar
By u29577

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan LX 3dr Minivan

This is the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. At least once a year you have to sink major money (over $500) into it to keep it running.

Good visibility.

Do some engineering to make a reliable product.

don't buy one a 95 Windstar
By unhappy_in_the_cold

1995 Ford Windstar Minivan GL 3dr Minivan

This car leaves us on the side of the road regularly. The car feels good inside, rides rather smoothly, but is surprisingly unreliable for a drivetrain built on the Taurus mechanicals. Engine 3.8L has good acceleration but gulps gas.

Reliability.